This is My "Real" Blog: 15 pounds. . .and potatoes the size of your HEAD!


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

15 pounds. . .and potatoes the size of your HEAD!

Since the onset of 2007, I have been doing my best to live a changed life.

I've been more positive. . . most of the time.
I've been trying to get more sleep.
I've been going to Curves at least twice a week.
I've been eating more sensibly - trying to curb snacking and no sugar.

Well. . .the one thing I failed to do was get an initial weight at the beginning of the year. I realize that was dumb. I have an inkling about where my weight was, but still. . . I've lost 15 pounds since the beginning of the year. Maybe more. . .but 15 is a safe number.

No, it hasn't been easy. There have been times where I have deprived myself of something that I really wanted. It's amazing how empty some decadent foods are. But, the reward of letting them go is so much sweeter.

I have learned one interesting thing: food noise annoys me.

I never realized how annoying it is to listen to someone else eat. The worst time is at night, when I'm done eating for the day. And, bless his heart, it's probably my husband whose eating annoys me more than anything. He doesn't mean to. It just happens.

Tonight, or should I say all-day today is the Super Bowl. I've mentioned before how I am torn between my loyalty to "Da Bears" and my allegiance to Peyton Manning. Peyton was a star player for UT (in case you haven't heard) and his heyday encompassed the first four years that we lived in TN.

We're going to a Super Bowl party tonight with our cell group from church. We are all looking forward to a great night together. John and Laura, our new friends, are hosting the gala event. Pictures will be taken. Some might even be published!

I've made my cake. It's a diet cake. Shut up.

1 can diet orange soda and one white cake mix. Stir. Bake.
Top with Sugar Free Cool Whip. It's good.

Shut up. It is. I don't need chocolate cheesecake.
I have my dreamsicle cake. Shut up.

I'm also making spinach/artichoke dip, pigs in a blanket, and potato skins. And, as my title references, these potatoes are as big as my daughter's head. I'll easily get 6 potato skins out of one potato.

Seriously, Mark bought a 15-lb bag of potatoes. I am baking 8. There's one left in the bag. Need I say more?

And so it's Super Sunday. Great commercials. Great halftime show. Still no decision on who to cheer on to victory. Edison just reminded me that I promised to root with him this year -- because I rooted for Pittsburgh last year, and rooted against him. So, I guess I'm rooting for the Colts. (In my heart, I want the Bears to win.)

Shhhhhh!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie congratulations on the weight loss... I am rooting for you... your kids want you around a long long time... and you encourage me so much to keep going to curves, to keep reaching for the goal... you are an all around winner friend

4:59 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Congrats on staying on course with your resolutions! WTG!! You and Den are the same with the "food noise" he hates it!!! Have a great day watching the Super bowl. Just back (Monday am) from dropping Hughie as school - no tears this week - I am getting there :)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Your Dreamsicle cake sounds better than a chocolate cheesecake. I'm serious. Shut up. lol. You must make one when I come to visit!

Not to mention the hydroponically-produced potatoes. Chris would love those 'tater skins!

And speaking of food, Chris shares your extreme annoyance with other people's food noises! He was just going ballistic at the supper table this evening and I told him about your blog entry.

Well, I just turned on the foosball game...I don't watch nor understand the game. I hope your team shoots the most baskets and gets the most home runs. HAHA. I'm not that clueless but it's totally not my thing. I'll wait and watch the commercials on youtube later.

Way to go with your lifestyle changes...I'm waiting for the weather to recover from this deep-freeze before I venture out walking anywhere. It's dang cold.

Well, I should really use this blog comment as my blog entry; it's about long enough! I'll catch you later!

Melly :)

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Angie... congrats on your healthy changes - you're such a LOSER LOL! I'm with Melly on the Dreamsicle cake... I think it sounds yummy! Congrats (sort of) on the win for the Colts.. at least Edison will be happy!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home