This is My "Real" Blog: We Did It!


Angie's Blog!

Friday, January 19, 2007

We Did It!

Our event went off without a hitch. Well, almost. . . .

Everything went fine. As with any event involving, well, people, things aren't always going to go swimmingly. However, when the night was through, and I got to cuddle on my couch and watch My Name is Earl and The Office, which we had recorded, I was glad to be home.

Today I made this most awesome discovery. Apple Dippers at McDonalds. Totally blew my mind.

As many of you know, I am really trying to live a healthier (LONGER) life. Exercise, diet, and balance have all been key elements in this endeavor. Well, today that list became exercise, diet, balance, and Apple Dippers.



I had become acquainted with the Ranch Snack Wrap as an inexpensive (both money and calories) alternative to Big Macs. But today, I really hadn't eaten hardly anything, and without mulling the decision over, I said to the McDonalds dude, "Ranch Snack Wrap and Apple Dippers, please."

As I jetted back on the interstate, on the way to Caroline's speech therapy re-evaluation, I was absolutely blown away by these little gems of appleicious goodness. (No Melany, that's not a word. But neither is georgeous!)

I didn't utilize the "dipper" portion of the Apple Dippers - the lowfat caramel dip. But, I'm sure they would have made the experience even more decadent. Honestly, they didn't need the dip. The apples were crisp, cold, and quite tasty. The whole get-up (chicken wrap & apples) cost $2.50. You can't beat that with a stick, as they often say.

So, my advice: try the apple dippers. I guarantee that the term "appleicious" will soon become part of your vocabulary.

Happy weekend to everyone!
Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Appleicious is my new favourite word!

I think we have those here at our McD's...sometimes I opt for their chicken fajitas which are quite yummy and even somewhat resemble something you would make at home!

My next thing to try will be the appleicious dippers!

Glad all went well with the bash!

Melany :)

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new word :) It's great. Unfortunately living downunder we are most behind the times....probably some time in the next century we will get them sadly. But my mouth is watering in anticipation. Take care ~ Helen

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home