This is My "Real" Blog: Short and Sweet


Angie's Blog!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Short and Sweet

. . .No, not me! This entry! Short, sweet, and to the point, I promise. Honestly, I'm too tired to type a whole lot right now. Melany and I just finished an hour+ phone/video/IM conversation that left us both in need of Tylenol. Too much fun - and lots of laughs.

I am writing tonight from Science Project Purgatory. It is nearly hell on earth. I am so proud of Edison for getting excited about such an (ahem) interesting topic. . . flatulence in processed and unprocessed foods. But, for all our efforts - three attempts - nothing has giving earth-shattering results. His first attempt yielded some results, so he'll base his report and display on that. But, we have not been able to get dramatic results at all.

Honestly, after three tries, it's a wonder that Thomas Edison didn't say something to the effect of "Aw, the heck with incandescent light." But, I am proud of my Edison for giving his best to a fruitless project.

This is probably going to be the craziest couple of weeks we've had in a long time. Tomorrow, Edison gets spacers for his braces (installed next week). Caroline gets a haircut on Wednesday. Church Wednesday night. Big event for DSAG on Thursday night. Friday may be clear - but I'm not betting on it.

Weekend will be somewhat sedate - but then Monday and Tuesday and Thursday of next week, our worship team is leading worship at a conference in Gatlinburg. And, in the midst of that, Edison has a 3-hour appointment to get his braces put on.

I did this to myself. I have no one to blame but me. So, I doubt that there will be many entries between now and then. We'll see.

But, I kept to my word - short and sweet.

Ciao!!!
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Sorry to hear about your lack of flatulence. heehee. Sorry that still makes me giggle.

Hope we'll be able to find time to touch base - with your cr-zazy schedule.

Fun chatting with you tonight firk! (Puppy!!)

Melany :)

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to say that science fair projects are hell. I am running the whole freaking fair next month. Tell Edison that I am proud of his leanings towards science. It must run in the family.

Karen

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

with 6 girls, everyone of them has wanted to do a project on flatulence... after daughter number three, I put my foot down, no more, but that does not stop them from bringing it up asd an idea... i tell them you think you are so creative, well, as long as there has been science some smart-aleck kid has been running trials on this topic...

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home