This is My "Real" Blog: "Insanity is Hereditary. . ."


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, January 27, 2007

"Insanity is Hereditary. . ."

The old saying goes something like this : "Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids."

Well, I have a new version: "Influenze is hereditary, you get it from your kids."

That's right. I "inherited" the flu from my children. I have endured a stuffy nose, sore/scratchy throat, body aches, and a cough that has settled into my chest. Such a wonderful time. I do believe, however, that I am on the mend.

Other updates (as this won't be a long post):

Edison and his braces are getting along allright. He even smiles, from time to time. I still marvel at the way he talks differently now. That "I don't want to spit, so I'll hold all the saliva in my mouth" dialect. He'll get used to them in time, and so will we. In fact, he at 1 1/2 Pop Tarts this morning. . .and as he put it, he actually chewed them with his teeth! So, we're making progress.

Caroline is up to her usual antics. She nearly fell out of her crib yesterday - thankfully Mark was with her, and kept her from injury. It is crazy to think that just last week, we had her in the ER for croup.

Mom and Dad are in Michigan - with my sister and her family. Tomorrow (Sunday) they will celebrate 45 years of marriage. They are amazing. I am so proud to have parents who maintain a strong, God-centered love for each other after 45 years.

Have a great weekend, everyone! I'm hoping for less sniffles and more snuggles. We may actually get some winter precipitation this weekend, but I doubt it. We're famous for getting all excited (terrified) about snow, ice, and sleet--then nothing happens. Fingers crossed!!!
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I hope you are feeling better soon my friend. No fun feeling yuk! Good luck Edison...you will get there. My boy is off to school for the first time on Thursday - boo hoo - big week here! Take care :)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

Hey, I had braces. Good for you Edison! Just gnaw on everything, pretty soon you'll be full!

Feel better Angie!

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are finally getting snow... that kind that sticks... i love it...there is a reason the Bible talks about Christ making us whiter than snow... this snow makes everything beautiful...even the dingiest of roads

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home