This is My "Real" Blog: Honorable Mention


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Honorable Mention

So, today, we're getting Edison from school. Nothing unusual. He hops in the car--looks over at me, and says: "I am a winner."

Now, mind you, my son is a winner. He's smart. Cute. Witty. Charming (when it suits him). So, I didn't take the bait, at first. Being the gullible, supportive mother I am, I said, "What do you mean??"

"I mean, I won the Science Fair."

Yes. You read that correctly. His science fair project (the one we lovingly call "Beelzebub") was labeled a "winner" by the judges.

Sure enough. He went to the awards presentation tonight. Somewhere between "I wish you would homeschool me. If we homeschooled, we wouldn't have to do science fairs." and today, he decided that he wanted to win. Unbelievable.

Honorable Mention. Quite a feat - considering that three attempts to recreate flatulence ended in utter defeat. He will still get an "A" in science. He doesn't have to compete at a higher level in the regional science fair. The best thing: we're done for another year.

I'm proud. My little Einstein.

On another note: I finished Plain Truth the other night. It did not end the way I expected it to end. But, I'm glad to be finished with the book. I started reading My Wife Thinks I'm an Idiot: The Life & Times of a Sportscaster by Mike Greenberg. I bought the book for Mark for his birthday. The guy is on ESPN Radio in the mornings. Edison and Mark love to listen to him and his partner (Mike & Mike in the Mornings) I'm enjoying the book---actually giggling or laughing out loud from time to time. That's high praise when it comes to reading.

Happy Hump Day!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

See? I told you putting a Big Mac in the beaker would work! HAHAHAHAHA

So glad for the happy ending...way to go E!

Love Melly :)

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Edison! Love your layouts too Angie -- especially the bubbles! Steve and Isaac listen to Mike & Mike on the way to school every morning too! Have a lovely day!
Julaine

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go on the science fair... jeez i hate those things... but somehow the kids always manage to pull it off...

11:27 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Why do the Angie blogs never, and I mean never, cease to make me smile???? I love them...so heart felt and funny at the same time. You sounded so much like my Mum....a great parenting/family story. Way to go Edison!!!!!

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home