This is My "Real" Blog: Things I Love.....


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Things I Love.....

Today I thought I would blog about a few things I love. Not that I don't have opinions about current events (Anna Nicole Smith, Britney's new hair-do and lack of parental skills), but I just thought focusing on some of the things I love would be a great way to start my week.

I love:

NASCAR. That's right. I said NASCAR. We made the trek over to our friends' house today to watch the Daytona 500. I have been looking forward to this for months. I love the pageantry. I love the sentimental "good-old-boy" stories. I love the commercials. I love the excitement. I did NOT love the end. I really wanted Mark Martin to have a Daytona 500 win under his belt before his *real* retirement, but it was not meant to be.

But yes, I LOVE to watch NASCAR. And yes, we did just expand to full cable so I wouldn't miss the middle of the season when it leaves the local networks, and goes to cable. I'm shameless.

I love leading worship. Not so much because I think I'm good at it. In fact, there are buh-jillions of people who can run circles around me when it comes to leading worhsip. But, I really enjoy it nonetheless. I have an awesome team that leads with me. And, the idea of singing, playing, harmonizing, and praising God all at the same time? Well, that's just heavenly.

I love my white t-shirt that I've had since before Edison was born. I once referred to a beloved t-shirt like an old friend. So comfortable, you don't mind totally relaxing with it. This particular shirt has black paint spatter stains from my "craft show" days. Spattering paint onto Christmas ornaments with a toothbrush is an acquired art. Obviously, the thought to wear a dark shirt would have been nice, but it just makes this shirt all the more special to me.

I love Thursday night TV. And, sadly, we missed three of my four favorite shows this past Thursday. I also love Law & Order (the original and CI). Here's how much I love Law & Order. . . I left a comment on Jules' blog about my celebrity boyfriend crush on Vincent D'Onofrio (CI). However, I also have a crush on Sam Waterston (L&O). I can't explain that one--something about the end of the show, when he puts on his leather jacket. Mark knows, and understands.

I love my kids. I guess that was a no-brainer, huh? They're the bomb. Caroline has begun to call herself Cah-line. Does me in. Just one more syllable, princess, and you've got it down cold. Edison is great. Such a young man. Scares me, but makes me happy at the same time.

I love my husband. Again, duh. He's all the good stuff I love about Vincent, Sam, and Michael McDonald (Doobie Brothers) all rolled into one. He loves me. What more do I need?

I love cooking. . .crafting. . .priority mail packages. . .warm oatmeal raisin cookies. . .going to Curves (really, I do). . .learning that a friend is expecting a baby (shhhh, it's still a secret!). . .e-mailing my crazy friend Laura. . .IM'ing with Melany. . .digital and regular scrapbooking. . .wow, I could go on all night.

Instead, I'll indulge myself with one of my greatest loves of all. . .no, not the Whitney Houston song. . . it's sleep, my friends. I love sleep. And, the pursuit of sleep is almost as wonderful as the sleep itself.

Good night! Happy week to you all!
Photobucket

10 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

**I** Love...reading your blog. I hang on every word and love to feel like I'm a part of it all.

Hugs!

Melly :)

11:35 PM  
Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

I love you, too.

And Sam doesn't threaten me anymore. Not since the SNL Old Glory Insurance spoof.

Mark
....

11:47 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

And I love reading your blog...you are ace Angie! Love the list....TFS! ps. we have a lot in common :)

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where I've been... been a crazy week. I LOVE reading your funny and creative posts! (and I was bummed that Mark Martin didn't win too... would have loved to see him get that win!) Congrats to Edison on the science fair, and Caroline looked so cute with that ponytail! Oh, one more thing... I'm a Jif Mom too! LOVE the stuff... I just try to focus on the fact that it has protein and forget the rest! :)

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummmm. i am thinking that pretty southern to me....not so sure she needs that extra si-lab-bel, and dah-ling we do not want toget me started on Jack McCoy.... he is da bomb...

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gee whiz dont know what happened, but part of my comment didnt appear:
i am thinking that
cah-line sounds
pretty southern to me....not so sure she needs that extra si-lab-bel

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. What a nice suprise. Yes, it's hard to believe that CCC has been around since '89. That is a long time ago. Of course we started the church when we were 10 years old. which makes us...

Thanks for stopping by my neighborhood of the blogosphere. Take care.

Dave

5:53 PM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

Such sweet words.Although, I think there are other guys WAY hotter... I would say "different generation" but I was talking to a teen the other day and she said I didn't understand because I was from a "different generation." WHAT? Palease, I don't even have wrinkles yet!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie...this is your blog speaking. UPDATE ME!!!

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you da bomb!!!! angie

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home