This is My "Real" Blog: I put it off as long as I could. Sigh.


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

I put it off as long as I could. Sigh.

Supposedly, you won't be able to tell. . .but I've just signed on to the new version of blogger. They say that I won't notice a thing. They say that my services will be even better. They say that I'll like it more.

We'll see.

Whoo - what a weekend! Our church held a prayer conference designed to challenge us to be a praying church. Now, please don't think that because we had this seminar that we never pray. Not true. My daughter's very existence is evidence of the power of prayer - by my church family.

However, the challenge was issued to soak everything we do as a church in prayer. I was really motivated, inspired, mortified, embarrassed, and rejuvenated all weekend long. But, with that motivation, inspiration, mortification, embarrrassment, and rejuvination comes exhaustion. I'm tired.

Then, at our small group tonight, we spent time re-hashing what we'd heard throughout the weekend. Let me tell you, the Lord was in my house. Don't get me wrong - he lives here. But tonight, HE was here. We prayed, cried, laughed, shared, and really cemented our relationships as members of a small group. Again, that adds to the exhaustion.

But.....let's see.....what else happened this weekend? Hmmmmmmm. I made one of my favorite desserts. Peanut Butter Sheet Cake. I'll post the recipe tomorrow. Quite honestly, I'm too tired to get out of bed (yes, I'm reclining as I type) and get the notebook I have that recipe in. But, it's worth the wait.

And yes, for the record, I ate a very small piece of cake. It was so small, you could call it "wee sliver" for those of you checking up on me! I also made a taco salad for the carry-in dinner last night at church. Wow. It was good. I forgot how much I like "official" taco salad. I make them all the time with leftover taco meat. But this was "official" with the tomatoes, black olives, chips, and the salsa/sour cream dressing. YUM!

I also attempted (for the first time) to put Caroline's hair in pony tails. Her hair is very short - but it swings around and gets in her eyes. I got two little pony tails on the backside of her head. I'll continue to try. I think the more confident I get at it, the better she'll feel.

There's not much more to say. Oh, except this. . . .last week, I talked about the "Dreamsicle" cake that I made for our Super Bowl party. Well, this week, my friend Kathy made a chocolate version that totally rocked. For the chocolate version, you take a chocolate cake mix, and stir in 12 oz. of diet root beer. Bake like the box says, and ice with sugar free/fat free cool whip.

It's amazing.

Well, I guess now I've said it all. Excellent weekend. Exhausting weekend. Happy Heart Day - in case I don't post before Valentine's Day. Don't worry, I will. (that should put the minds of both of my readers at ease!)
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Behold the power of prayer...I prayed you'd finally blog again. And you did! heehee.

Seriously, what a weekend you had. Sounds like it was packed full but really good.

Can't wait to see a scrap page of C with the piggy tails. Sounds cyuuuute!

And I'm totally digging the sound of the dreamsicle cake...might just try that this week!

Melly :)

P.S. You'd better blog again before V-Day - it's the only way I'm finding out what you're up to lately!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

P.P.S. Did Blogger finally make you convert like they did to me? So far so good...

12:39 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Hi Angie...I converted to the new blogger and now I am too scared to do anything in case I lose all my little "add ons" ie. Mellys cool heading and the counts etc. So if you are brave enough to do so let me know how it all goes will you?!@# What a weekend you had....how powerful is it to be with a group of people and share some amazing experiences. Sounded wonderful. I also can't wait to see a photo of Caroline's new hair-do..but I am with you...it's so fiddly doing little girls hair...let's hope we get better at it :) Cheers my friend and happy heart day to you (I love that term)

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home