This is My "Real" Blog: Greetings from the Sicko Ward


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Greetings from the Sicko Ward

That's right. . .we're incubators. Again!

Edison came home from school on Monday, complaining of a seriously sore throat. Of course, the pediatrician's office was not able to get him in until Tuesday morning. By that time, he had woken up in the middle of the night (6 a.m. is the middle of the night to me!) and "blown groceries" all over his bed and bathroom.

Side note: My dear friend Laurie (college buddy) had all sorts of euphemisms for vomiting. Some of my favorites were: blow groceries (see above), drop chow, heave to, blow lunch (supper, etc.). You get the picture, right? And, considering she had not "dropped chow" since she was in 3rd grade, conversations along those lines were always very interesting.

But, as usual, I digress. Back to our lives now. . . .

Edison had an early appointment at the pediatrician's office on Tuesday morning. A throat culture and nasal swab indicated that he had not one. . . not two, but three positive results. He has flu strain "a" and "b" as well as strep throat.

There' s a longer, more dramatically drawn-out saga of him taking medicine. I won't go into it. It's not pretty. But, he is getting better. . . .of course, I was just heading off to bed, when he "blew chow" one more time. So, we're not completely out of the woods.

Speaking of woods. . .he is missing the spring version of his school's 3-day outdoor education field trip. He's bummed. I'm glad to have him close to home when he's this sick. But still, I feel for him. Please say a little prayer for him--and for the rest of us as we wait out the quarantine.

No new layouts. Lots of "busy work" for the Down syndrome group. It's fundraising time again, so I'm trying to use my spare time to get that work done. It's a great cause. Takes lots of good help. Thankfully, we've got it!

Have a great Thursday!

Editor's note: If you read the comments, you will note that my father in law is eating "prickly pear" ice cream in the layouts featured in my previous post. Who knew?
Photobucket

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not this will make anyone feel better...Mary was supposed to go with ther 8th grade class to Busch Gardens in Tampa... a big deal... they were leaving from the school at 4AM... and at 6:30 AM Mary woke up the house screaming... we had all overslept... she finally fell asleep in my arms at 8:30 after crying from disappointment... well we have survived..and she does lead a dynamic life... but it was a bitter disappointment at the time...okay anything else I can spread cheer about... i am praying for Edison to be healed, love you guys.....meeeeeeeee

8:52 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

The Liquid Laugh
The Toilet Tango
Driving the Porcelain Bus

Plenty more where these came from...

Melany :)

P.S. Hope y'all are better real soon!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home