This is My "Real" Blog: Extreme (Scrapbook) Makeovers


Angie's Blog!

Monday, March 05, 2007

Extreme (Scrapbook) Makeovers

I started a thread at the Butternug Squash Forum the other day. I asked some of my digi-scrapping friends if they had ever gone back and re-done a layout. I was looking back at some of my early layouts. Very basic. Very.basic.

It made me think about re-doing some layouts. Interestingly, my idea was not met with enthusiasm "Hey, that's the greatest idea since sliced bread." But, a few of my dear friends encouraged me to try. So I did.

Here is a layout I did very early on - it's of Mark's dad eating strawberry ice cream. (I assume it's strawberry -- but knowing George, it could very likely be raspberry, too!)

The second layout is the "new" version of that same picture. I tried to keep the theme similar. Well, sort of. I also simplified it. Streamlined. Can you tell I've been watching HGTV and the Style network?

The original:

The makeover:


The second set of layouts is from last year's Buddy Walk. I looked for the earliest layout I could find. There are many more - and they are much worse. But, it was a good exercise in creativity.

The original:


The makeover:


So, there you have it. My adventure in re-inventing myself. Melany told me that I was "scraplifting" myself. I guess that's sort of true, too.

Oh, and Helen. . . ."regular" scrapbooking pages are traditional paper scrapbooking pages. I spent some time over the weekend playing with paper, photos, tape, and ribbon. It was fun.
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Well as I mentioned, there was nothing wrong with the originals but you rocked them out again!

You're such a digiscrapper!

Melly :)

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the originals too... buy hey.. the new ones are just awesome! Great pages Angie! Who would have thunk it... you took long enough to convince LOL! Now look at you! :)

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

than k you for stopping in, i love makeovers of the scrapping variety, we change our styles change even our takes on the original events... on the other hand i am so behind on things to scrap, that re-doing the old stuff, well we would never see me

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great do-overs, Angie!!
Anote of interest, Papa's ice cream was Prickly Pear Ice Cream enjoyed at Tortilla Flats, AZ.---Although you were right about the strawberry and raspberry--they show up on occassion!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

This is brilliant....aren't you the clever one. And bonus points for challenging yourself - where did you find the time? I can really see what you mean about how we all develop in our style...I love them all. Trust Melly to say you scraplifted yourself! Ha! Regular scrapping is paper scrapping....thereapeutic or made you want your mouse back? Take care Angie.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home