This is My "Real" Blog: Phew, that was a close one!


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Phew, that was a close one!

So. . . my in-laws arrived this afternoon, for Caroline's birthday. We are anticipating a great visit with them and with Mark's brother and his wife this weekend. Lots of fun, family, laughs, pictures, and general frivolity. But, this year things will be a bit different. I mean, half our worldly goods are currently in boxes. . .

[first side note: How much do we all love my new blog header courtesy of Melany? I am enthralled. . . .but I digress. End first side note]

With half our life in boxes, and a still very active lifestyle, this year's festivities will be slightly different. We realize that, at any given moment, our realtor may call and schedule a walk through the house. Of course, it hasn't happened yet, but we know that day is coming.

Well, that day came tonight, as I was setting dinner on the table. I was just about to put the chicken and rice on the table when the phone rang. It was Pam, our realtor.

"I'm wondering about the possibility of showing the house at 7 p.m." (it was 6 p.m.) I panicked, but got very excited.

"We can do it, Pam. This is so exciting!"

She said that she would push it back to 7:30, because I was just then setting out dinner. I agreed. I hung up the phone - and the melee pretty much was put in motion.

Oh, and did I mention. . . I had to leave for church at 6:10 p.m.? That made the whole scheme even crazier.

On my way to church, I called my buddy Laura. . . this is my new friend, Laura, who gives me lots of support, prayers, and laughs. She's an expert at laughing.

[second side note: She also wanted to know when she was going to get mentioned in my blog, as she is an avid reader.]

There you go, girlfriend. I love ya, RA!

Anyway, I got to church, and just started to share my crazy story with my boss--and Mark called. They rescheduled the appointment for Friday. Phew! We have two days to get the last of the "surface" stuff cleared away.

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't show the house tonight. But as Laura told me, she's praying for the right buyer -- and it only takes one. She's right--God will provide. It will be allright.

So there you have it - our near miss! I'm sure there will be more opportunities to run around and scream like a banshee. But for tonight, it was brief, frenzied, pointless, and lots of fun!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

God does have a sense of humor, doesn't He?

11:51 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Ooooo, this is going to be an exciting venture, Angie!!! So cool!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you... go here and for what ails ya
http://www.texasdolldesigns.com/images/mo/hersheyshugstt.jpg

3:19 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Glad you saw the "up" side of this my friend. There will be the right buyer at the right time....but I just can't take my eyes off that new header!

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home