This is My "Real" Blog: It's Only Fitting. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It's Only Fitting. . . .

that my 100th post would include a link like this one. Yep, it's my house. My sweet little house. Mark and I realized that we've lived here longer than any other home we've lived in (together or individually) our whole lives.

But, I'm ready. I'm ready to move. I'm ready for new paint, new lamps, a new view out the front window. I'm ready for a new front window, for that matter!

I promised a recap on Caroline's evaluations for preschool. Let me go there first.

On Monday, Mark and I went to the preschool where Caroline will be enrolled next Monday. That's right, in less than a week, my precious baby girl, my LAST baby will enter preschool. We are very excited about this. Her new teacher, Ms. Carolyn is a New Yorker by birth. She's got a great Manhattan-esque accent. It's not quite a "King of Queens" accent, but if you've ever watched the "Barefoot Contessa" on Food Network, she kind of sounds like her. I just love the fact that some of Caroline's first exposures to language outside our home will be from a Yankee. Around here, that's rare!

"Yes, honey, I am serious. HEAD only has one syllable." Oy.

Hay-ud. They would say hay-ud. Need I expound further?

On Monday, Mark and I will take Caroline to school for her first day. We can hang around, but probably won't do it. After her day is done, the bus will bring her to me at my work. Another family from church has their son dropped off in the parking lot, so we'll have a reunion 3x a week! I can't wait to get a picture of her coming off the bus in her little blue denim jumper which I have yet to buy. But, the girl's gotta have a new school outfit. She's also in need of a backpack and a lunch box. (I'm dying inside, a little)

The school has also asked us to purchase Pull-ups. They're going to start potty training with us. It's one of her IEP (individual education plan) goals for this year. Exciting stuff, I tell you.

So, other than the fact that I will undoubtedly be crying my eyes out on Monday morning, we're good. She's going to do very well at school, and they have worked her schedule around her Mother's Day Out program. She will attend preschool 3 days a week, and MDO on Wednesdays. I'm really excited--but I still get teary-eyed at the thought.

House shtuff. . . .

We walked through the new house again yesterday with our friend, the house painter. Literally, our friend owns a residential & commercial painting company. We've asked him to paint the entire interior (well, almost) of the new house. We've also asked him to consider painting three rooms here in the old house.

It's getting exciting. I ordered new valances for the kitchen. There are three windows in the breakfast nook. I am very excited for them to come in. I also ordered Edison's new bedding for his room. He had picked out one pattern, but it isn't currently available. So, we went with his 2nd choice (it was my first choice) and I think he'll be very happy with it.

I also found a pair of beautiful lamps at JC Penney - so they're on their way, too. This is getting exciting, ya'll. I can't believe we're doing this.

Ah. . .what's that I hear? A voice. A familiar little, sweet chippy voice reminding me that after a diaper change, it's time to go get brother from school. He's in the midst of SAT tests this week. He doesn't seem to mind them, so we're not worried too much. He always does very well, and we're grateful. He also made the Scholar's Bowl team for his school. He and his buddy, Sam, are the only 6th graders on the team. We're proud. I think that competition is on Tuesday of next week.

The calendar is filling up faster than I can purchase new pens to write things down. But it's all good. My in-laws are on their way here for Caroline's birthday this weekend. Mark's brother and his wife are coming down this weekend, too. It will be a great family celebration. I still cannot believe three years have come and gone so quickly. But, time passes quickly when life keeps you moving.

And there, we're back to moving again. It's time for me to close. Have a great Tuesday!!!
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your banner - so cute.

Second, I will have to learn from you about preschool...I think I keep postponing the reality...

Third - all of the house stuff? EXCITING!!!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my FRIEND!! How amazing that she's starting school. She's going to love it so much - it will shred your heart, but also remind you how much you love that little girl. And it's okay to stay. She'll be totally cool, but you might just need that reassurance of what she's doing all day and how well she's doing it.
And you'll be amazed at how much more she's capable of doing than you thought. At least I was. Things I never thought Henry could do, he was doing on his first day.
I cannot wait to see pictures. On that bus....oh, my. I'll be crying right with ya, hun.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

"Yes, honey, I am serious. HEAD only has one syllable." At this point, I paused and said hayud. And I read on and almost fell off my chair laughing when you showed the phonetic pronunciation too. heehee

Can't believe that little lady is going to school. What a marvelous sign that she is growing up and developing so quickly.

Hope all is going smoothly with the house transition; I'm praying for it!

Love Melly :)

P.S. I did something to your blog (puppy).

2:22 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I just "love" your blogs Angie....your writing is just so entertaining. Loved the link to your house on the net...a tinge of saddness?? As to the princess...wow! I am a bit confused....Caroline will be three on the weekend? I thought your kindergarten was the first year of school? She is too little - no? She is so little...but she will be so ready! Oh *sigh* all growing up way too fast. Exciting times in the Aubrey House! Take care my friend.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh baby hold on, if you thought life zoomed by before... once she hits school, it goes into overdrive... but what a super glorious ride.. i'm a wishin i could be there for that birthday party

5:02 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention I was snooping through your house...can't wait to see the new one too!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Shoot. Me again...

100 Posts?
Look at you...you...Blogger!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They grow up way too fast!! (Sam's driving!) Good luck with the move. Sounds like you've got it all under control! Have a fun birthday Caroline!!
ps -- Love keeping up with your life via the blog! You do have a way with words!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home