This is My "Real" Blog: I'm so glad I was a mean mom. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I'm so glad I was a mean mom. . . .

. . .and Edison is glad, too.

Today, my little genius helped his team of middle schoolers win the Scholar's Bowl.

A few weeks ago, Edison complained loudly that he didn't want to be part of Scholar's Bowl. In fact, he talked to the coach about quitting. She tried to talk him out of it.

We told him "no."

And today, more than anything, I enjoyed asking him whether or not he was glad he stayed in.

His reply: "I can't wait until next year."

Sometimes, as a mom, I rock.
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YAY, EDISON!!! Good for you - you should be horribly proud of yourself. And you did great, too, Angie.
BTW - the LO of Caroline in the wedding is PRECIOUS!!

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You totally rock Angie!! And so do your awesome kiddos!! (I guess Mark is ok too :-) When are you coming to Ill.?

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mean moms change the world... how is preschool going?

4:40 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

WTG mean mum...it's nice to have a few victories every now and again.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

My Mom was mean too growing up. Fabulous. Beth is right. Not enough of em out there!

1:27 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Way to go Edison!
Now be mean to your Mom and make her blog again...gotta hear about that big trip!
Melany :)

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home