This is My "Real" Blog: It is SO Pretty. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

It is SO Pretty. . . .

So I went to the new house today to "inspect" the work the painters have been doing.

OH.MY.GOODNESS.

I am so in love with my new "light sage" living room, and my "sourdough" office, and Caroline's "cotton candy" bedroom. And, don't get me started on my "americana" kitchen and Edison's "heavenly blue" and "fallen star" bedroom.

It's just too much.

And, tomorrow, my "taupe trivia" bedroom gets its extreme home makeover.

I am so in love.

There's still lots more "stuff" to pack, move, donate, pitch but we're getting closer. At this point, there are only two boxes of cereal in the pantry. If the kids don't want Life or Cheerios, they'll have to eat donuts for breakfast. Because, yes Virgina, there are Krispy Kremes in da hiz-ouse!

Glazed mini crullers. . .and traditional Krispy Kreme glazed donuts. There is a God in heaven, and he likes Krispy Kremes too.

[although, I suspect he really likes Dunkin Donuts better -- but it's not in his divine plan to have a DD here in the greater K-ville area]

My God is watching out for me. . and my waistline.

I had a close call tonight. . . while perusing some musty, dusty old boxes that have been lying dormant in our attic for eleven years (so ashamed I am) I started to have an "attack" of the hernia kind.

NO. . .I haven't gone to the doctor yet.
NO. . .I can't get them to call me back.
NO. . .it didn't mean a trip back to the ER.

[the squeamish should look away at this point]

I pushed it back in place.

Yes, I did say that. I pushed on my abdomen (stop laughing) and pushed the hernia back into place. As soon as I felt this little "blurrup" my pain and nausea disappeared. Like, immediately.

I went back out to the living room, and participated in conversation with my parents and in-laws. They knew what had just happened, and when I didn't puke all over them, or my furniture, they believed me -- that I felt better.

So, now I know how to temporarily ease my discomfort, if it happens again. I couldn't believe it myself. Call me Doogie Howser. . .but, girls and boys, I feel a thousand times better.

So there it is. . . .a strangely complete and inter-connected blog entry. And now that I have a few new friends perusing the blog from time to time. . .namely Doug and That Chick, I feel this responsibility to write truly blogworthy stuff.

Doug is one of Mark's best friends from his "pre-Angie" days. Doug and I actually knew each other first. He was in the band that Mark and I played when we met. He was in our wedding. He is one of the few people who can make me squirt food or liquid out of my nose -- just by making me laugh.

That Chick is someone I stumbled onto through the internet. She's hilarious. Seriously. Funny girl. And, she lives near me! How cool is that?!

I live near That Chick. Hee Hee.

Peace out, my friends. There's still more cr. . uh, stuff to go through before going to bed!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay - I'm totally jealous that "That Chick" commented in your blog. I mean....I found her first!
You rock, btw, Angie. Your blog has been a real treat to read lately. I think you're totally coming into yourself as a really good writer!!!
Keep rockin - like a rocking thing.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I am so (sage?) green with envy - I am so excited for you about the new house!!! Shame on you for not bringing your camera AGAIN!!!

Nice going on the hernia repositioning - I am absolutely definitely certain I'd have done the same thing. Great work Dr. Aubrey!

But you MUST go get it checked out and fixed by a real doctor as soon as you're done moving...okay? Please?

It was great to catch up with you for a bit tonight - see you again soon!

Love and big squeezy hugs,

Melly :)

P.S. Please don't expect your birthday card for at least another week. I'm a dork.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

EEEWWWWW! I was having such a fun time imagining all the fabulous wall colours until *drum roll please* you pushed it back in! EEEWWWWW! Brave Angie, brave Angie....now just make sure that the Aubrey chick goes to the doctor!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Hey, aren't you older also?

My hairline is catching up with Mark's...

8:35 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Hee hee!!!!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home