This is My "Real" Blog: Can you hear that? It's called "quiet. . ."


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Can you hear that? It's called "quiet. . ."

This new house is quiet. I mean. . .really quiet.

This house is built on a slab. . .our previous house was not. Creaking floors and joists kept us from ever creeping into Caroline's room after she fell asleep. However, last night, I not only went in her room, I turned on the lamp on her dresser and put clothes away. That's quiet.

This afternoon, it started raining. I mean, puppies and kittens. I had no clue. When I opened the door, I saw puddles (should I say "poodles") and realized that the skies had absolutely opened up and I didn't know it.

{sorry, some puns just have to be put in print}

Hubby and I have talked about it. Rather than rush me to an audiologist to get my hearing checked, we decided that I didn't hear the rain, because we no longer hear the cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other vehicles speeding through it and sloshing it all over the road.

. . .it's really that quiet.

Caroline noticed the sounds of birds chirping this afternoon. She's usually accustomed to hearing them at my parents' house (they live on a farm). This afternoon, she heard the birds, and said, "Bird?" I responded affirmatively, and encouraged her to listen again. Her next words:

"Grandma's house?"

It's.seriously.that.quiet.
I am in heaven.
Shhhh-h-h-h-h-h!


EDITED. . . in case we actually *know* the people who made the offer on the house! (oops)
Oh yeah, we got an offer on the house today. According to our realtor (and our own common sense) it was a *low* offer. But, it was an offer. My heart needed an offer. We told them (through our realtor) it was too low. We submitted a counter offer that didn't budge too much. I'm stubborn. We've entered a chess match with some *people* who tried to tell us our house sucked. It doesn't suck. We're not asking too much. They need to get a clue. When they come to their senses, we'll let you know. Until then, keep praying. We appreciate it!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

You are too funny....love the font getting smaller...yes it made it very quiet to read LOL! I am living on a house slab for the first time...isn't it great....what's that! I SAID ISN'T GREAT!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

1. Never apologize for a pun. They are a very necessary part of speech. ;)

2. I'm so glad you're blissfully loving that new house and I hope the boobs smarten up and give you a more reasonable offer!

Melly :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

sounds like a gem...
In reguards to hormones???

DEAL!

12:37 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

People. Telling someone their house sucks is NOT the way to get them to sell it you.

For the love of Baby Jesus.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

angie we need to talk/chat

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home