This is My "Real" Blog: Things I Have Taken for Granted


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Things I Have Taken for Granted

. . .a hot shower every day
. . .sleeping on my side
. . .holding my little girl
. . .receiving one of Edison's world-class hugs that last 5 minutes


And, I'm sure there are a few more things I have taken for granted up until now.

I *was* able to take a brief (2 minute) shower which allowed me to wash my hair. According to my aunt, a registered nurse, things are looking allright on the wound care end of things. She also made sure I was able to get in the shower allright.

Dignity. . . shmignity. (I realize that looks like profanity. . .but if you sound it out, it makes sense.)

It was quite the three-ring circus at our house today. After Caroline came home from school, the babysitter came to take care of her. Edison was in his room, and my Aunt Mary was with me back in my room dressing and re-dressing my incision.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. It was our mailman. . .just wanting to get in on the mayhem. He had an express mail package. . . from Canada. . . from Beth. . .it was so sweet.

There were magazines, CDs, and CANDY!!! (I suppose I should share the candy with the kids, but we'll see) Thanks, Bethie . . you made my day!!

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support. I'm feeling better every day. I still haven't gotten "completely" back to normal. But I wasn't *that* normal before I started this insanity.

I'm hoping to get the laptop set up tomorrow, if I can actually sit for more than five minutes at a time, and maybe scrap a picture or two. I completed four (4) sudokus today. Sudoki?? Anyway, I'm not completely letting my brain go to mush. I even have some crocheting I could do, I just have to get where I can sit up and work. There's still next week.

I'm getting kinda tired, so I'll sign off for now. I will travel and visit all my favorite blogs before logging off the computer. Some of you need to seriously update your blogs. . . DOUG!!!

Hugs all around. . . just easy, gentle ones!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

well actually Angie, since you mention it, you will notice there were two packages of candy in that envelope... I was never dreaming you would be interested in fizzy pop rocks or whatever it was...I was thinking from your sick bed you could give your kids a treat...lol.. enjoy, keep getting better

9:04 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Bless your heart.

No really. I mean that. Bless your heart.

I hope you are feeling hinty billion times better tomorrow.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Here is an easy/gentle cyber hug....I'd be up for one of those five minute ones from Edison...you are a lucky Mum. Thank you Angie for always opening my eyes to so much to be grateful for. May each day find you hugging longer,showering longer and switching sides in bed longer! Take care!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Been busy...

Sheesh a 600 mile nag...

7:49 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

No worries... I have a horse trading post coming soon.... not funny at all. Post Op Safe.

Glad you are on the mend!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home