This is My "Real" Blog: You Might Be a Geek if. . .


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

You Might Be a Geek if. . .

. . .you carry on conversations with your extended family (my brother in law) through your husband's blog.

[if nothing else, go for the two most recent posts Mark has put up. The latest is sweet. The previous one. . .a bit long, but educational]

Wow, what a week! Our 5th Annual Music Camp is nearly over. And, amazingly, I haven't wanted to strangle any children or their parents. Of course, there's always tomorrow!

The kids are doing an excellent job. My crew of workers is AMAZING. I mean, I just make the slightest suggestion, and they're all over it - and it's done. Truly amazing.

So, by this time tomorrow, I will have accomplished, in five days:

*running a successful music camp (30 kids)
*planning and playing for two funerals
*singing at one of those funerals
*taking Edison to get his braces fixed (Mark actually did this)
*taking Edison to two football practices
*getting Caroline back in summer school
*eating according to the WW plan

That last one, in my humble opinion, is probably the most dramatic. You see, weeks like this mean suppers consisting of corn dogs, frozen pizza, McDonalds, and the like.

I have managed, somehow, to stay within the plan, and not overeat this week--even in the midst of severe stress.

That, my friends, gives one reason to celebrate.

Alice is making her presence known in subtle, quiet ways. I can deal with her. Thankfully, her days are numbered. . .and the number keeps getting smaller and smaller.

I've gotta give a shout out to my new internet buddy, That Chick, who (through her blog) pointed me in the direction of Fiber One bars. The chocolate one, as she said, is heavenly. And, it's only 2 WW points. That's phenomenal news on a slow, tired afternoon, when you need chocolate.

Quite delish - - although I did notice that there is some variety of unnamed "fiber" in the Fiber One bar that reminds me of tree bark. If the bar does what it is supposed to do, and only costs me 2 points, I can live with it.

Happy Friday to you all! It will certainly be a happy Friday for me. . . when it becomes Saturday!!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Goodness your busy-ness even makes me tired.

Sounds like all is well aside from Alice's occupation in hernia abdomen territory but that's just about done.

Not sure about eating all that tree bark...eek.

Melly :)

9:23 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

angie, the fine art of delegation says yoeu are allowed to cross off your lsit and take credit for... things that others accomplish..just thought you might want to know that

11:07 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Those Fiber One bars are the new crack.

Or black.
Or whatever.



Horrifyingly? The word verifcation is:
IRUHO

Are you a ho? Oh no.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...just as I'm starting vacation, you're busier than ever! Great job with the WW... you can do it! :) Another bar I like, btw, is Zone Perfect... they are "chocolate" covered too... or whatever it is that tastes relatively like chocolate! :)

11:55 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Do you come up for air???

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home