This is My "Real" Blog: I've Been Bitten! - (edited)


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I've Been Bitten! - (edited)

Yesterday, and the day before, I met some new friends here in Blogland. Joni (Yummers) and Kate, who apparently found me via another blog. Random, wonderful fun. But. . .with new friendships come new influences. And these two women have helped inspire some of my creativity that I've let slip away into the quiet crevices of my life.

I bought fabric today.

Plaid fabric.

Beige and white homespun.

Homespun. Red. Plaid. Fabric.

Curtains for the sun room, and (potential) curtains for my bedroom--if the reds match.

Oh, and two coordinating blue prints (one stripe, one floral) that will eventually (hopefully soon) become my new reversible kitchen tablecloth.

I thought poor Edison was going to die of boredom while my fabric was being cut at my local (25 miles away) Hobby Lobby store. I loved hearing the bolt of fabric *slap* on the table as she counted out my yardage. Then there was that sweet "swish" of the scissors as they cut the fabric.

It's an addiction, my friends. Pure and simple.

I also visited the Summit Medical Ancillary Office today for what will be a routine series of yearly mammograms.

I am proudly the daughter of a breast cancer survivor. But in recent years, I haven't been the "responsible" daughter of a breast cancer survivor. Today was a second step in working toward being more responsible.

I endured . . .yes, I said "endured," a mammogram today. Didn't hurt, actually. But, being called *back in* for another look, and seeing the original film on the light/viewer thingie with an area circled is cause for concern.

Luckily, my doctor had written orders for both the mammogram AND and ultrasound. . . so when I went from one procedure to another, I was not (even more) alarmed. Being called back for a 2nd squish was not fun, nor did it give me peace of mind.

However, after both exams, and the ceremonial "wiping off of the goo" from the ultrasound (ick!) the radiologist came in and assured me that I got a little more bang for my buck today, and that things were fine.

I am to go back in 6 months for another diagnostic mammogram, to make sure that the "things" that they say are quite smallish haven't grown or changed. According to him, and I trust him (do I have any other choice?) the fact that these abnormalities showed up on the m-gram ONLY, and not the ultrasound is good. He basically said that cancerous cells cannot hide from ultrasounds.

So, on January 9, 2008, at 9:30 a.m., I get to enjoy the fun all over again. If there is no change, I'll come back in July 2008, and proceed with the every-365-day plan (which I prefer).

So, other than a few minutes of wondering and worrying, I'm good.

My first day back at work seems inconsequential by comparison. But, it was good, too. I have seen first-hand that I *do* make a difference where I work - if nothing else, I provide comic relief to my colleagues. And, alas, I will go back tomorrow.

They said I have to.

And, since it's now 30 minutes into tomorrow, I should get to bed. Ah, life is quickly returning to its normal (frenetic) pace. Happy Tuesday!

p.s. Oh, and my best news of all. . .and that's saying alot, because I bought fabric today. . . but my best news of all is that I was proudly able to wear a shirt to work today that I have not dared to wear in over a year. It was not too snug, it fit quite nicely, and I felt WONDERFUL in it!!

It helped make eating JUST a fruit cup at Chik-Fil-A not so horrible when I realized that I passed up the most delicious chicken on the face of the earth!
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Well I can't believe you're going back to work (today!) I still have me a few days left to lounge.

I sure hope you're up for it...don't work too hard!!!

BTW...

1) You'd just love buying fabric here 'cause you can buy it by the yard OR the meter!
2) You provide comic relief EVERYWHERE
3) Cool that your blog was "found"...it's always fun to make new 'puter friends!
4) Way to go dipping back into your "past wardrobe"!!! Ya gotta love that!

See you soon!

Love Melly :)

P.S. I'm glad your boobies are okay!

2:47 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Morning Angie (it's just after 9am here!) Hope your day goes well. Just saying how happy I am to have found you - you are the first person I have found who likes to craft as well as having a 'special' child. I was beginning to feel that my daughter's disabilities would be the only thing I ever had in common with another human being ever again!!
Just off to take her to school, then Fizzy (my home schooler) and I are off to a 'Scrapping Museum'. Stash shopping! Yay!
And well done for getting that fabric. I don't know you well enough yet to comment on your 'accoutrements', but I am so glad you are okay. Take care.
Lots of love
Kate
P.S I'll email you later :-)

4:09 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

oh my friend you have had quite a time havent you... with the worrying and wondering...
and thank you for visitng katherine
and just this morning i was wondering if it was too early to add one more suggestion to the supplement list... (which will follow in an email, am i obnoxious yet?)i am so proud of you

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home