This is My "Real" Blog: Just Getting By


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Just Getting By

Last night, my wonderful husband took me out for dinner at a new restaurant we'd never visited before. "Mirage" is a restaurant in Downtown Knoxville with a middle-eastern flair. We even watched Dubai TV. Food was good. . .not a replacement for Reza's, but it was good.

Today was a "typical" Saturday for me. Slept a little bit later than I should. . .and spent an hour (or two) down at the church--getting ready for tomorrow morning.

After coming home, I started making plans for dinner tonight (grilled teriyaki chicken, grilled veggies). I also got some kits downloaded for some of my creative team assignments. I was able to complete a layout for Katie the Scrapbook Lady. It's a random photo of Caroline that I'd forgotten all about. I also finished a layout using a new kit from Miss Mint.

So, without any further ado, I present them here. Both layouts feature Caroline. . .what are the odds?!

This is featuring the "June Flower Garden" sampler from Katie the Scrapbook Lady. Like I said, I had forgotten all about this picture. Could she be any cuter? I think not!

This is the Miss Mint layout. Her kit is called "Party Pants" and it lives up to the name, doesn't it? I still wish Mark and I would have been able to see Caroline on the mega-screen in Times Square. I still have to submit her picture for this year--if I am going to do it. Still haven't decided. If we do submit a picture, and they use it, I cannot fathom *how* we'd go see her in Times Square. So, I'm tempted to wait another year. Maybe by then we will have sold the other house. Sigh.

Oh well, enough of the melancholy conversation. I hope you enjoy the layouts as much as I enjoyed making them!

Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

both of those layouts are superb... but big city rocks my day and night...

10:30 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Great LOs Angie - Princess at her smiling best and that kit "Party Pants" WOW what a super looking LO!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Angie, your layouts are lovely and little Caroline is even lovelier! I don't know the story about Caroline shining over Times Square. I'd love to hear it... unless I missed it on your blog. Then, just point me to it. How are you feeling now that you don't set off metal detectors?
Happy Sunday... a day of rest.
Joni

3:35 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I love your layouts! Love them!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home