This is My "Real" Blog: Can I Show Off a Little?


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Can I Show Off a Little?

I have promised some of my new friends a glimpse into my creative side. I finally had a few free minutes this afternoon with the camera. Here are the results of that free time:


This is a table runner that I made a few years ago. It's just a simple strip quilt. Very easy. Very rewarding. I can also take a little credit for the egg basket on the right. YEARS ago, my friends Holly, Pat, and Liz decided it would be fun to weave a basket. I hated every minute. Of course, this was one of the hardest baskets to start with.

Thankfully, my sweet mother-in-law, who is (in my humble opinion) a master basket weaver, finished it for me. If memory serves, what took me 8 hours to get to a halfway point, took her about 45 minutes to finish.

Oh well. . .basket weaving is not for me. But, I can surely enjoy her talents. . .and I do!



This is a yo-yo table covering I made. I don't even remember when. I love making yo-yos. So easy to do while you're watching TV, traveling, or just sitting around. The most time-consuming part? Cutting out the circles.



This is a little Log Cabin wall hanging that, up until we moved, hung in Mark's and my bathroom. I think it's going to be part of the new decor of the kitchen. Still have to figure that out. It is just a little scrap quilt - but those are my favorites, really.



This is the little dresser scarf/quilt that I just finished for Caroline's room. I have it "posed" here on the kitchen table--with another of my Mother-in-law's basket creations. Honestly, Caroline had just gone down for a nap when I took the picture, and I figured I could take it "out of context" and you wouldn't mind. Right?

So there you have it. . . a bit of my creative side that doesn't involve paper, stickers, and scrapbooking. I really do have a coffin-sized container of fabric in Caroline's closet. And, I really do have big intentions of getting into that fabric, and playing. Very, very soon.

Thanks for letting me show off a little!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

Hey Girlfriend...don't call it 'showing off'... just call it 'sharing' or 'Show and Tell Time'. You have lots of talent and I never doubted it. It comes through in your writing, your scrapbooking, and your daily living.

I'm proud to know you... you have a heart of gold... and talent!
Joni

7:42 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i am laughing about the coffin full of fabric, i have about 3 rubbermaid coffins in our shed of fabric, and 1 tiny paper bag of quilt squares that miss katherine is waiting on for her bed... well, i will have to re-charge my other creactive abilities to compete with you

10:37 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Lookie lookie...it's Crafty Craftington!

Wow look at you go girl! Beautiful work!

Melly :)

11:00 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

ooohhh *clapping hands* yey Angie....you go girl! These are great! I am with Joni...great show and tell...now all the kids will want to do it! Have a great Friday :)

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home