This is My "Real" Blog: 2 Truths. . .and 2 Layouts


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

2 Truths. . .and 2 Layouts

Truth #1 - I ate red velvet cake this morning.
Truth #2 - I did not take pictures tonight. . .and I should have.

Our church secretary's birthday was yesterday. Today, at our bi-weekly staff meeting, we had homemade (by yours truly) red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.

I am a fan of buttercream frosting with Red Velvet Cake (hereafter known as RVC) but I made cream cheese, because Paula Deen says so. She has nearly risen to idol status for me.

The cake was good - but I will make it MY way the next time. I had a small piece. Then had a WW boxed lunch. Easy (light) supper, so I did good today!

Truth #2 refers to the fact that Mark and I took some of the teenagers from church to an assisted living facility tonight. Caroline went along for the ride. She was the hit of the evening.

I took a camera.
I took no pictures.
I suck.

So, there you have it. . .two truths. Now for the layouts. . .both of Caroline. What are the odds?! Enjoy! Happy Thursday!



Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Oh Look at that little face!!!! She is just too adorable! Nup...we could not love her anymore! Nice one Mum! And you definitely don't suck!

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all Christine's fault, and she did it to me last night! I ate a piece of her triple mint chocolate brownies. I was doing so good, and then I could smell them! It was late, and I was weak, Argh!
Have to say, I do like the cream cheese frosting better on the RVC! Paula rocks. I miss her SO much since we went back to BASIC cable :-( -Sheila

8:28 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

WHAT? NO PICS? CAMERA WAS WITH YOU?

YOU DEFINITELY (don't suck)
The other day I shot some serious keepers only to realize I didn't put the card in the camera...
That doesn't suck, that's just stupid.

She's a sweetie!

10:47 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

tears sprang to my eyes, looking at that scrunched up face...and i spioed her artwork on marks blog, but didnt comment for not wanting to intrude...and my RVC has what e cled in texas , gravy icing, made with flour and milk cooked base, then shortenin and sugar... with vanillla of course... mmmmmm, angie i love you so much..

3:34 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Angie,
Those are the sweetest layouts!!! You really are talented. You don't overload the pages. Of course, you have such a darling subject to focus on. Gosh, Caroline is a doll. I wished we lived closer so we could have some scrapping time together. We could call Helen and have her join us. Wouldn't that be fun?
Joni

3:38 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I am LOOOOOOOOOVING those layouts!!! I saw the 1st one when you made it but the second was a wonderful surprise!

Silly you..take pictures!!!

M :)

10:15 PM  
Blogger The Wooden Spool said...

Precious! You do such a nice job laying out your photos! Composition is great!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home