This is My "Real" Blog: July Round-Up


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

July Round-Up

When I joined Katie the Scrapbook Lady's Creative Team, I didn't realize that she did so many things to prompt and encourage scrappers (both digital and paper scrappers) in their efforts to preserve memories for future generations.

I was just perusing her blog, and saw these questions for the end of the month. I am going to list them here - and post my answers (unless they're too embarrassing). I encourage you to answer them too. You can do that here, or in your blog (if you have one). Happy Rounding Up!


What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
I read Weight Watchers Magazine. I also read a couple older issues of "Worship Leader" magazine.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Okay, where to start. I watched tons of TV - especially while recovering from surgery.

Movies - I actually watched "Return to Me" and "Pretty Woman" and my all-time favorite Jerry Lewis movie, "The Ladies Man"

What special days did I celebrate and how? We celebrated July 4. We also celebrated "Friend Day" at church.

DSAG (our Down syndrome group) celebrated the Summer Carnival. Lots of fun. We also enjoyed our annual meeting/celebration dinner together. That was fun!

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
I received a package from my friend, Beth.

My mother-in-law sent me some treasures from Mark's grandmother's house. I am going to start having some fun with some beautiful handmade linens that are from waaaaay back in the family. Such a treasure!!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
None - other than a pretty intense mammogram and ultrasound.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Mark and I went out one evening while the kids were at a "Parents' Night Out" at church.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
Mark and I ate at "Mirage" a middle-eastern restaurant.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I bought four, that's right, FOUR new blouses. . . the old ones were getting big! I also bought a pair of Crocs.

What were this month's disappointments?
Had a rough discussion with Edison today (7/31) but we'll move through it.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I lost another 8 pounds since my surgery on June 26

Anything else noteworthy to record?
I survived directing music at preschool camp. ..and Caroline was a great little camper!

I met two new friends this month. . .Joni and Kate. Joni called me today -- that was the highlight of my day. And since I know you read this, my new friend...thanks for making my afternoon so much brighter. Your voice was just how I pictured it sounding, too!

These questions are designed to help me remember things. ..but they're also a way to share stuff with ya'll. Fun, huh?
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

Hi Angie,
That's so sweet of you to mention me and I'm so glad we had an opportunity to chat. There will be many more to come.
Whoops... gotta run... Top Chef is on. I'm hooked.
Joni

10:00 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

This is so great! TFS Angie! Loved to read it. Oh and BTW...I LOVE "Return to Me"...I am gonna be humming that all night now :)

5:05 AM  
Blogger Katie Nelson said...

Great job on the roundup Angie! :)

12:51 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

hey yay me, you mentioned me!!!!!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home