This is My "Real" Blog: Just When You Think It's Safe to Sit Down


Angie's Blog!

Friday, August 03, 2007

Just When You Think It's Safe to Sit Down

. . .you decide to go shopping at 7:30 on a Friday evening.

Edison had just returned from a great, hot, long, tiring day at Dollywood's Splash Country. . .the waterpark across the street from the "Wood." He and my nephews, niece, and a few other family members, went for a great day of fun. Having just slathered him with aloe, it's evident that he had a good time.

Anyway, he returned home, and was eating a hamburger when I decided to take him out to West Knoxville, and buy a new iron, ironing board, and football "gear" for him. (No, he already has a cup -- thank the Good Lord!)

So, we hopped in the Caravan, and hit the road. The stores that held the most interest for us were open until 9:30, so we had time. I also had to hit Joann's . . .just because. I bought a couple of fall decorations at Joann's. Nothing spectacular.

At Dick's Sporting Goods store, we found a chin strap cover, and a shirt that he just had to have because all his teammates have one. It was on sale, so I obliged him.

Then, it was off to Bed, Bath & Beyond. The Welcome Wagon people sent me a 20% off coupon (entire order). I also had a gift card from Christmas (or anniversary) for BB&B. So, when it was all said and done, I bought a $80 iron, and a $40 ironing board--and it cost me $40.

I love bargain shopping like this. Seriously. I really love the feeling of getting something for (next to) nothing. And, most importantly, I have a new toy. I'm going to be able to press seams on quilt blocks like nobody's business.

Oh. . .Joni, it's not a Rowent Power Glide. I couldn't find a Power Glide. But, this is a Rowenta, and it is AWESOME. When the quilt stuff comes out from its storage place in the closet, there will be pictures of the fabric AND the iron!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

and Christmas continues????

12:26 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Nice job shopping!!! Good thing you had a gift card or Mark would have said it was "fun in a $120 way) (puppy)

Melany :)

8:38 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I hope you love your iron like I love mine. Whoever thought we'd LOVE irons! Try it out and let me know what you think. $80.00... wow!
I remember when they used to be $9.99.
Off to the sewing machine.
Joni

3:10 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Angie, you just live a crazy life! $80 irons, goodness! (I bought mine because it was pink and orange - and I only use it for crafts purposes!! hehe) Hope you're having a fabby weekend. (Phil's a bit poorly today, so we've not had as much fun as I planned - good job I cancelled the babysitter!!) If he's better, he's going to take us to a shop just near where he works (www.gallerytextiles.co.uk) it looks great. I have a list! xx

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home