This is My "Real" Blog: Honey, I Know You Read This. . . Remember it's just once a year!


Angie's Blog!

Friday, August 03, 2007

Honey, I Know You Read This. . . Remember it's just once a year!

Wow. It's a really good thing that tax-free weekend only happens once a year in our fair state.

I just had a field day at WalMart. And, like a good blogger, I captured the spoils in pictures.

Now, as you look at the picture, you will see certain items that probably don't qualify as school supplies. But, you have to remember that, until this week, I had not graced WalMart for almost 6 weeks.

I have a theory that I cannot leave WalMart without spending at least $32. Last night, I just popped in to get some peanut butter. That cost $34. And today, when the tax-free school supplies (including clothes) weekend actually began, it was a free-for-all. . . well, bad word choice. . . it was a zoo!

Yes, this is an oven thermometer. Last I checked, that doesn't qualify as a school supply. But, I nearly burned the bread yesterday. . .so it's a necessity.


And these are definitely not on the school supply lists for either of the kids' schools. But, they are one of the ways that I am able to continue eating much healthier.


I also had to have these jars. One is for Caroline's Pepperidge Farm goldfish crackers, the other is for my sugar-free candy. I'm all about organization. (Yeah, that's it!)


Now these are on the list of approved, tax-free items. I am obsessed with these pens. And, if you notice (it's upside down) there's one package with purple ink! That's very hot.



These clothes are some of Caroline's new school clothes. The two pairs of pants are actually capri leggings--complete with lace at the bottom. Of course, at her size, we may have to "roll up" the capris so that they don't drag the ground. She'll be cute either way. Can't wait to put them on her!

So, there you have it. And, I only spent $199.65. Remember, I bought underwear, socks (for four people), clothes, jars, glue,paper plates, watercolor paints, washable markers, filler paper, report covers, mechanical pencils, and dry-erase markers.

Oh yeah, and that candy. That's what sent me over the edge!
Happy Friday!!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

That is a great photo! It really tells a story... a perfect scrapbooking page. What a hoot! Soooo much stuff. And all needed. Sending kids 'back-to-school' is so expensive.

I love Carolines little leggings with lace at the bottom.
Joni

3:25 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Well done, Angie! I say you got quite the haul, bang for your buck, and candy to boot! Whoo-hoo!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Nice job on the shopping! I looooooove me some school supplies (and everything else they have under the roof at Wal-Mart!)

I picked up some shorts and t-shirts for the boys this evening...spent just over sixty...eek!

Melly :)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

You, Angie, are a shopaholic. A WalMart junkie.

And yes, it DOES take one to know one. For me, it's not a dollar amount, but the $5.50 DVDs. And the dollar DVDs. I don't necessarily buy (and not $32 worth), but I have to look.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

WOWEE....Christmas come early!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

I got socks. Yippee.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home