This is My "Real" Blog: And So This is Monday. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Monday, August 13, 2007

And So This is Monday. . . .

Some of you may now be humming a John Lennon tune. If so, "you're welcome." If not, it was an obscure reference. Don't feel bad.

I don't usually blog from my desk at work. . . but I'm also eating my Lean Cuisine "Garlic Roasted Chicken with Parmesan Spinach" so I think it's an acceptable lunch routine.

Crazy busy weekend. My sister and her family were here all last week. I was kind of disappointed. We usually spend one evening (Mark and me) going out-- just with them (Chris & Lori) but this year, it didn't happen.

Edison had school orientation on Saturday morning. Note to self for next year: find a babysitter for Caroline. Middle School orientation is not the proper setting for a 3-year old.

Saturday evening, we went to my aunt & uncle's house for dinner--and boating on the river. And yes, my friends, I did manage to squeeze myself into a life jacket, and heaved myself onto the boat for a great ride down the river. Jeff took me, Kylie (4 years old) and Becca (6 years old) for a really fun ride. Of course, they screamed the entire time--especially when we went fast. I just giggled. It was lots of fun.

Lori, Edison, and my nephew Andrew went "tubing" on the river--being dragged behind the boat. They all loved it. Andrew especially. That was a big moment. One I hope he never forgets.

For dinner, we had spareribs (bbq). Not a good thing on the WW menu. So, graciously, my mom had marinated chicken breasts, too. (Phew!) I made Melany's oriental slaw -- it was a winner!! (Thanks for the recipe, Melly!) I also made my killer potato salad. The dinner was fun--but everyone wanted to get down to the river as soon as possible.

After boating, we had Chris's birthday cake on the dock. Note to self: when lighting 41 candles on a birthday cake outside, be prepared for moths. These suckers divebombed the cake. It made for much screaming, laughter, and crying (the girls). I don't think Chris will ever forget that birthday!

Crazy busy Sunday, too. Church (of course) . . .the quartet in which I sing provided one of the two special musics yesterday morning. It's a great song. . "Believe." Great, but physically demanding. I can honestly say that in the 11 years that this "group" has been in existence (a number of personnel changes) I have never been happier. All three of these ladies live their faith in a day-t0-day walk. . .they have beautiful voices. . .they somehow manage to harmonize with me (and still make it sound good). That's gifted, I tell you. I am blessed by them, and feel privileged to sing with them.

Anyway, that little bit aside, there was a small carry-in dinner/meeting after church that I needed to attend. After the meeting, I arrived home to a sleepy toddler and her sleepy father, who had both been up during the night on Saturday.

Turns out the princess has a slight (emphasis on the word "slight") upper respiratory infection. We've got her on a 3-day antibiotic which will, hopefully, give us all some better rest tonight and the rest of the week.

We went to a 50th birthday party for a friend last night. That was fun. Much hilarity ensued -- and it was either from the Birthday Boy, my husband, or my boss. It's kind of like a sacreligious trinity. . . . and from the looks of some of the birthday cards, I do not want to turn 50. It's worse than 30 and 40 combined. Brutal. Hallmark's darkest hour.

I was able to squeeze in a talk with Mindie (Webb) Imler yesterday. Mindie was one of my girls when I taught school at Washington College Academy in 1986-87. They are planning a reunion for years that include the one, infamous year that I taught music there. Mark and I hope to go over to Jonesboro for the reunion next month. It will be bizarre to see these "kids" who are now in their 30s. Of course, most of them still call me "Miss Knowles." That's even funnier. It was just a great time--talking to Mindie.

So, there you have it. . .all the makings of a wild and wonderful weekend. There are pictures. But, the pictures are at home, and remember, I am not.

According to my brother-in-law, there are meteor showers to watch. We may have missed them over the weekend. I'm going try to remember to look tonight. We'll see if there are any to be seen!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

Oh my goodness, Angie... that was one VERY full weekend. I laughed out loud at your description of YOU & your boat ride. I can relate having just come back from the lake where they had just bought a new hammock. I love hammocks and grabbed my book and was headed for the swinging treasure under the trees, when I heard my mother-in-law say that one must weigh less than X-amount of pounds to lie in the new hammock. No one used it all weekend. Oh well,keep smiling.
Just back from JoAnn's and bought you a surprise for being such a good dieter.
Joni

4:10 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

oh my! I am exhausted and I only read everything you did! What a weekend! Glad to see you are thoroughly enjoying your summer...hope the Princess is okay. Take care....have a great week my friend.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Morning Angie. Hope your poorly patient is a bit better. Mine is quite poorly today. She had a temp. yesterday (101) but was a bit sick just after 5 this morning, and is a steady 100 temp. wise. She is tired (as am I!) but quite perky. She probably read about your weekend and got a bit tired!! xx Looking forward to seeing the pics - particularly YOU in the boat, please!

5:13 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

well dear angie, parts of it are written jsut for you. i included the part about "she swallows up her sisters in love, (and now I am crying) and you had better not use the word “retarded ” in her presence or she will swallow you up in fury." just for you... Mary is the sibling that at some early age made it business to know all she could about DS... she began a best buddies chapter at her high school, she knows all the legal ins and outs of disability rights, and competency issues and this before she was 16
i have to go take birthday girl out, or i would tell you about melinda working at a camp for DS kids and learnign sign language... hmmm I gotta go, but some of it is only for you and yours

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home