This is My "Real" Blog: Update #2 - edited


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Update #2 - edited

Let's see. . . when last I typed, Mark was in Chicago. . . Caroline had gone on the potty chair. . . and we were headed to the doctor.

We made it to the doctor, although I'm now suspicious that I was really late for my appointment, because I mixed up the times. In my head -- which I rely on FAR MORE than I do a calendar -- I thought her appointment was 9:45. However, when I got back to my office this afternoon, I noticed "9:30" written on there. So, I'm not sure. No one gave me dirty looks or anything. . . so. . . I'm assuming all was well.

She survived getting weighed, measured and poked (five times). Four immunizations and one finger prick. Every time, she would say, "I'm happy!" as soon as they were done. Poor thing. I'm going to watch her extra close tonight to make sure she doesn't come down with a fever following the shots.

I called Mark on our way to her school -- he was obviously on the plane, because it went straight to voice mail. I called his parents, just to say "hey" and to let them know that her appointment went well also. After I got her delivered to school -- and made three trips in and out of the building (blame it on old age) -- I was on my way home, and I got a call from Mark.

He had landed in Vermont, and was waiting for his rental car. He also mentioned something about luggage -- so I'm guessing the bag he intended to "carry on" got checked through. I don't know. Not to worry, because he was there, safe and sound.

I got to work and actually accomplished (well, 89% accomplished) a HUGE project that's been nagging at me for AGES. It was just a matter of archiving some old music that we most likely will never play again. Everything is sorted, put into boxes, and ready to stick up on some very high shelves--never to be seen, played, or heard again.

I made it home in time to actually wait for Caroline's bus. She's in -- and seems to be alright -- so far. I'm going to keep a close eye on her, because fevers can accompany those immunizations. And the last thing I want tonight is a little girl who feels crappy because of getting four shots.

And other than that, we've got an easy night planned for tonight. I have worship band practice -- so my mom is watching Caroline during that time. After I get home, I've got stuff to work on...but I've told you about that before. I won't bore you with those details.

So, there you have update #2. I trust everyone is having a great day. We're holding it together here, and that's all I can ask at this point!

Edited to add: I just got a call from Joann's. The HUGE sampler I took in last week has a few stitches missing. One of their framers was admiring it, and she noticed something not quite right. Sure enough, we read the pattern/stitchery together over the phone, and I'm missing some stitches. So.....tonight, after band practice, I'm going to high-tail it out to West Knoxville (again) to see if I can fix those stitches before they frame it.

Only in my life. . . .
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Let's see. Husband five states away. Son on some Outdoor Express trip thingie. Daughter stuck full of holes and possibly getting sick. So you run all over town for some stitches??

You go, girl!! I think you have your priorities right.

Seriously, nice catch on their part. And fixing it is the right thing to do.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Yeah! Day 1 down only 3 more to go. We are thankful Mark made it to NY safely presumably with his luggage...that part I was confused on. If you need anything over the next few days give us a holler. I will be more than happy to call you Sunday morning to make sure you are up if need be. Have a great Friday...I hope you get more things accomplished.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Goodness me...FOUR shots in one visit? Hope the little miss feels well after all that!

M :)

11:07 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

well i am amazed that someone noticed the stitches missing, how much better than 3 genrations from now someone noticing and saying tsk tsk great grandma angie's mind must have been going...

7:27 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Poor baby...I'd be all done in if I had 4 shots at one time.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home