This is My "Real" Blog: Sunrise. . . and Success


Angie's Blog!

Friday, March 06, 2009

Sunrise. . . and Success

Caroline got on the bus this morning. . . in fact, we stood in the breezeway and sang songs while waiting for the bus.

I know. I'm still in shock, too.

I went to bed a little bit earlier than usual, and still managed to get up on time. In fact, I woke up at 1:35, and 4:36 -- trying not to sleep in. It worked.

And now, at 7:46 a.m., I'm still awake, and ready to face the day. Part of the reason? I watched the sun rise. Actually, I peeked out the window, and the lyrics to this song by Rich Mullins came flooding over me.

I'm sentimental about this song for a number of reason. . . 1) I actually met Rich a couple of times -- while working with Community Christian Church 2) We actually performed this song once while working with the church, 3) I read the liner notes about this song, and learned that it was written while watching a sunrise at my alma mater and 4) the overall theme reminds me of Grammy, and her "graduation" to her heavenly reward.

So, as you read the lyrics to the song -- think about the miracle of new life we receive each day -- remember that God gives us a chance to literally start over every morning. And yes, I know there are things that don't get wiped away by the sunrise -- there are stresses, problems, and broken relationships that cannot heal themselves while we sleep. But, each morning reminds us of God's ability to "wipe the slate clean" and give us a new beginning.

Now -- lest you think that I've turned over a new leaf, and have suddenly become a morning person -- HA! But today. . .this morning. . .I'm enjoying the quiet and solitude of an empty house. I'm awaiting the full, bright sunshine of the morning, and I'm facing the day the way I love to: with a fresh bagel and a cold diet Pepsi.

Here are the lyrics to this hauntingly beautiful song. I hope it helps you feel refreshed today. It certainly has refreshed me. . .and it's not even 8 a.m. yet!

"Home" by the late Rich Mullins

I see the morning moving over the hills
I can see the shadows on the western side
And all those illusions that I had
They just vanish in Your light
Though the chill in the night still hangs in the air
I can feel the warmth of morning on my face
Though the storm had tossed me
'Til I thought I'd nearly lost my way

And now the night is fading and the storm is past
And everything that could be shaken was shaken
And all that remains is all I ever really had

What I'd have settled for
You've blown so far away
What You brought me to
I thought I could not reach
And I came so close to giving up
But You never did give up on me
I see the morning moving over the hills
I feel the rush of life here where the darkness broke
And I am in You and You're in me
Here where the winds of Heaven blow

And now the night is fading
And the storm is through
And everything You sent to shake me
From my dreams they come to wake me
In the love I find in You
And now the morning comes
And everything that really matters
Become the wings You send to gather me
To my home
To my home
I'm going home
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

i shold probably be gushing on the spiritual genius you displayed in your writing but more i am green with envy that you met him.... and how could i have not known that.... you are practically famous and spiritual... but mostly i came over here to tell you that you crack me up... tell me what you comment you left for her

1:46 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Going home . . . neat thought to keep in mind.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup....you got it, sistuh...

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home