This is My "Real" Blog: whoops


Angie's Blog!

Monday, March 09, 2009

whoops

For as thorough (you can say "anal retentive" its okay) as I've been since Mark's been gone--I realized that I didn't update my blog when he arrived home last night.

First excuse? I was tired.
Today's excuse? I am still tired.
2nd of today's excuses? I had a meeting this morning
3rd? I had a meeting tonight
4th? I'm still tired.

He's home.

He got in about 12:30 this morning. After unpacking and getting somewhat "settled in," he fell into bed - - and promptly fell asleep.

I think I know what you're thinking now. . . .how did Caroline react?

This morning -- she was too tired to notice it was him. I think John Kerry (God forbid) could have prepared her to get on the bus this morning and she wouldn't have noticed it.
This afternoon -- she greeted Mark after he came home. No hug.

She wanted to color.

That's right. She was glad to see him because she likes coloring with him. The dialogue went something like this:

M: Hi Caroline!

C: You want to color with me?

M: I'm home. Can I have a hug?

C: (offering a half-hug with just one arm) You color with me?

M: Do you want to get the mail?

C: Yes! Then you color with me?

M: Get your shoes on -- we'll go get the mail

C: Then we'll color with me.



When the girl gets her heart set on something, she doesn't let go.

And, he's home.
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Sounds like the hide-and-go-seek requests I had all day and evening! Thankfully I dodged that bullet; I'm about to crash.

Glad the man about the house is home safe and sound.

Hugs,
M :)

11:39 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

That's my kind of my girl... tunnel-visioned. I can identify with that. Always so nice to have the family back together again. 'Home Sweet Home' says so much.Now... let's all color!!
Hugs to everybody!
Joni

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet! Yup...one track mind...LOL!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Love it! I'm glad everyone is together again...

9:16 AM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

Us gals are NOT wired to be away from out men!

9:49 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i had read this last night and laughed... you have to love that about someone... singlemindedness... i do anyway... love her for it

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home