This is My "Real" Blog: Mommy, What Happened? (edited)


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Mommy, What Happened? (edited)

Mommy, what happened?

Mere seconds ago, I heard this from the other side of Mark's recliner. It's the only 'barrier' between Caroline and me, as she is watching Max & Ruby.

Side note: My friend, Caitlin, refers to Max & Ruby as the "parentless bunnies" and she would be correct. This is one of the strangest, yet sweetest shows on Nick, Jr. (or Noggin). Caroline owns three, maybe four Max & Ruby videos -- and a handful of books about the appropriately-named "orphaned" bunnies whose thoughtful grandma lives next door. (And I marvel how she "just happens" to arrive when trouble is afoot)

I guess that side note was for anyone who wasn't current on children's television shows. Like we are. Like we'll be for a long time. Sigh.

Anyway, I heard, this "Mommy, what happened?" and decided to investigate. She was merely reacting to the latest trials of Max, the 2-year old bunny with a propensity for adventure (trouble). During their trip to town (which required a bus ride) the two bunnies found themselves shopping for a birthday present for Grandma, but ran out of money when Max needed a snack, and got candy squirter juice all over his clothes (which required a trip to the laundromat)

I had to explain that Max needed lunch. I also explained that Max had made a mess. Which Caroline acknowledged.

Then, I looked across the room. Sigh.

The HUGE pile of clothes, towels, socks, and shirts that I had just folded?

Hastily piled (unfolded, of course) back in the laundry basket from whence they came.

Caroline, what happened?

"I put them back in the basket."
Yes, my sweet. You did. You really did.



Edited to add: I forgot to give a follow-up from last week's post about the "power of three." But, I didn't fail to do it on purpose. Edison *did* have a slight accident on the ATV on Friday. There's a longer story, but suffice it to say that he's fine. A few bumps, bruises, and abrasions. His confidence is intact -- he says he'll ride again. (Mine? Not so much) He's my tough teenager -- but he still needs his Mama from time to time -- and I can live with that.
Photobucket

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Everybody needs their mama, some times more than others.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home