This is My "Real" Blog: Today, I Cried


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Today, I Cried

Here's why. . . .




I am constantly amazed at how these two women (along with some others) have become a part of my everyday life. I think about them constantly -- not just when I blog, or go to read blogs. Their kids have become a part of my extended network of nieces and nephews. Our inside jokes and stories are commonplace in my vernacular. Their faces and lives are forever etched in my heart.

. . .and I've still never met them in person.

How is this possible? If I say, "Beats me," I would be lying.

It's partly the phenomenon called social networking. . .but it's so much more than that. It's Yahoo chatrooms, Facebook interfaces, webcam talks, emails, long-distance phone calls (some to a foreign COUNTRY, for heaven's sake), prayer requests sent and received, and lots and lots of laughs.

Beth and Melany both live in Canada. They met for the first time a couple years ago, and although I was jealous, I was so happy for them. They met again this weekend -- and send this precious video to say "hello" to my family.

Yes. . . if you're wondering, I did cry the first time I watched it. . .and the second, third, fourth, and fifth times, too. (Caroline watched the 2nd time, and insisted that we play it again and again) And, while Cooper (Melany's youngest) made a face at the camera, Caroline made the face right back at him. And when Emily and Hannah just waved, Caroline waved back at them, too.

We connected.


And let me say it again. . . .I've never seen either of them in person. And yet, not a day goes by when I fail to wonder how they're doing. Are they healthy? Is Melany at work? What did they have for dinner? Have they seen any good movies lately? (They both watch more movies than I do -- I live vicariously through them!)

Today's video was just what I needed. I was having one of those days -- at the end of one of those weeks. I needed a little shot in the arm -- a reminder than I'm loved. (I know I'm loved, by the way--it's just sometimes nice to hear it) I needed a reminder that my world is bigger than the home and community that surrounds me. I needed to hear their voices, and see them as they waved, made faces, and smiled at the camera.

Today, I cried. But, I needed to cry. Just to remember. . . and marvel.

Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

ditto right back atcha kid, all the times i want to tell you something... something to laugh at or cry about or maybe you vent with me listen to a rant... that dinner with Melany and boys was just what i needed after a day of crying about everything, but hey you already know that since i had emailed you earlier in the day telling you about it... her family and their warmth was a wrap of love around us... next time angie you are there... and actually Melany and I did talk over some ideas of how to make it happen... side note... it was not cold in dryden so i have no idea what katherine was talking about.. we had had the a/c on in the car the whole trip there... the food there was phenom! and the combo of our kids was magical fun

6:13 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

lol, one last thing... dryden is one happening place... we got in last night back home , went to church this AM and i have slept until now... too much fun for me

6:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sorry it made you cry! although i'm sure it was a good-feeling...it was nice meeting them, and of course we cant wait to meet you and the fam!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home