This is My "Real" Blog: Seriously?


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Seriously?

If someone would have told me that the first month of summer vacation would breeze by so quickly, my response would have been something like they do on SNL.

Seriously?

Seriously, summer? Were you going to linger at all? Just going to zip on past without giving us a chance to breathe.

Seriously?
Seriously.

I feel like every time I blink another week is gone.

Since I last blogged, things have been crazy busy -- but good.

On Saturday, we celebrated Baby-James-only-he's-not-a-baby-anymore-so-we-just-call-him-"James" first birthday. Since he was born, Caroline has referred to him as "Baby James," but once his birthday passed, we have tried to get his name changed to "just James." And, we're doing better.

She also refers to her cousin, Carson, by just the one name--after calling him "Baby Carson" for his entire first year. In fact, she actually referred him as: "Baby Carson--Baby Carson's SO sweet" initially.

Seriously.

Saturday afternoon saw Mark helping a friend move into a neighborhood very close to us. There were four adult men unloading a truck--and Steve was going to drive back to Johnson City (90 minutes) to get more stuff.

I loathe moving. Seriously.

On Saturday evening, we had dinner with friends at P.F. Changs. Seriously? I could eat there every week, and not get bored or tired of it. Lettuce Wraps, Mongolian Beef, and Crispy Honey Shrimp--seriously? Best dinner experience in a long time.

On Sunday, we stayed after church for a luncheon for volunteer ministry leaders at church. Seriously? Excellent food--pork roast, potato casserole, green beans, fruit salad---seriously yummy.

Sunday afternoon/evening was spent on my couch -- unapologetically. Stayed up too late, but what else is new? Baked a little bread, and made some chicken salad. Other than that, it was a lazy Sunday.

Monday -- work. Monday is a "meeting day" for me. Seriously? I had three meetings. . .and the third one went from 2-4 p.m. Seriously. So, on Monday night -- I not at all surprised when I was hit with what I thought was a head cold coming on. Thankfully, it was just allergies and I was mistaken. Benadryl helped get me through. You gotta love that stuff.

Tuesday I spent the morning at home -- and ran errands for work on Tuesday afternoon. Had Chick-Fil-A for lunch with my kiddos. Seriously? Great chicken, and good times with my family.

Tuesday night -- new Bible Study began for 21 ladies at our church. I think it's gonna be a good one. Beth Moore is ah-mazing! This study on the Fruit of the Spirit should prove to be very good for all of us. And, the chance to get to know other women at church will be good for me.

Wednesday -- back to "regular" work. Long day -- had to bake a pie for our "pie social" after church last night. I opted for cherry pie with my "Michigan Pie Cherries" that Mom & Dad got last year. Seriously? Best place to get cherries.

Church last night was a lot of fun. From the "community" dinner, to the worship service, to the PLETHORA of PIES that were offered after service was over. Ironically, I tasted my own pie, and my mom's blueberry pie. She had? My cherry pie and her blueberry pie. I think we're a lot alike. What do you think?

Sometime, during the service -- unbeknownst to us (except for the sound of thunder) the heavens perfomed a LOUD symphony of torrential rain, lightning, and thunder. . .which, as I learned while waiting for pie . . .Caroline didn't like it. (Sorry, Barry!) We managed to get home during the downpour, and got Caroline into bed after the weather settled down.

(she was so exhausted, she slept in today)

Today -- another "long" workday -- but it was just us girls at the office. The menfolk were all out. So, other than a testosterone deprivation experiment, it was great. Edison helped chaperone a children's ministry trip to the Knoxville Zoo. Caroline stayed home with one of her favorite babysitters, Rachael, and had a great day. Sometime around 2:00, when Edison was due back at the church, the sky decided to literally open up. Lightning is a beautiful thing -- when you're at home. In your car? Driving down the road -- avoiding hydroplaning & other cars? Seriously? Not so much.

After delivering Rachael back to her home -- amid the protests of Caroline -- we drove through Sonic. I tried the Mango Peach "thingie" and seriously? Ick. I don't need fresh fruit in my drinks--unless we're talking sangria--and last I checked, they don't sell sangria at Sonic.

Quick dinner tonight -- hot dogs (grilled, of course) baked beans, and homemade peach/blueberry cobbler. It was good.

Worship Band practice began at 6:30 p.m., and when we got home at 8:15, Caroline did everything she could to convince Grandma to take her home. It didn't work. But, she can be pretty convincing.

Getting her into bed wasn't difficult. Edison was a bit more tricky -- but he eventually made it into bed, and I believe was asleep quite quickly.

Me? I spent a little time on Facebook. I read my work emails (none). I read blogs that I haven't read in a week. And then, after nearly a week, I blogged.

I was starting to worry that I was going to lose some of my readers if I didn't blog again.

And seriously?

That would make me sad.
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

You won't lose me. I'm pretty much a flake, but I'm still around. :)

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Judy said...

You didn't lose me either...Do you know that in all the times we have been to the southern states we have NOT been to a Chick-Fil-A.

7:36 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

seriously, glad to see you back... I was thinking about how much i miss Southern food and southern cooks and maybe i should back a pie...hey angie you didnt comment on my blog... come back and interact with me

8:29 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

have you signed up to get a "warrior card" at PF Changs? i signed up for their email stuff and got the card, and the other day i got an email saying we can get 10% off on father's day with the card! we might just do father's day there, seeing as i get a free birthday dessert this month too! :-P

jonathan hates meeting days at his church, mostly because the parts that pertain to him are rather brief so he has to sit there through a bunch of irrelevant stuff when he could be working. hahaha!

the other night javen got scared during the storm, so i taught him that it's God bowling. i gave him the bowling set i bought at target last week, so now when it storms he feels the uncontrollable urge to bowl, hehe!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Shelly Wildman said...

You won't lose this reader. I'm following you! And I'm always glad when I see a new post pop up from you. Glad you're back, Angie!

3:11 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

coming over from Katherine's blog... wow thanks for the handy dandy hint, completely changed my day... we are going to have a swim party for leila and i was worrying it would never be warm enough for the babies... thank you thank you

4:29 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I learned that one from my wise mom! :)

You're welcome. TAKE PICTURES!!!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope...you didn't lose me. Seriously!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home