This is My "Real" Blog: Sometimes You Just Don't Wanna. . .


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sometimes You Just Don't Wanna. . .

That's been me and my on-again/off-again relationship with blogging. Sometimes I just don't want to do it.

It's been hard - coming up with things to say - that didn't center around Beth. And, honestly, when I think about her now -- I still mourn, but I'm also rejoicing. It's been just over three weeks since she got to meet Jesus face to face. And, if I'm honest, I'm a little jealous.

Please don't get me wrong -- I have lots of things here (on earth) that I still want to do. Not necessarily a bucket list, mind you. . .but there are things that I want to see and do and experience before I leave the earth.

And, deep down, I'm starting to get that feeling that I think you get when you realize that the things of this earth are just that: things of this earth. And, to be quite honest, some of the "things of this earth" are really starting to get on my nerves. What are some of those things? Well, let's see. . .

1) Charlie Sheen & Lindsey Lohan (feel free to insert any male/female actor or performer that is in the news more for the crap they put into their bodies than for any actual God-given talent(s) they might pretend to possess)

2) Election Years. (Do I really need to say more?)

3) Gray hair.

4) Achievement test scores for kids.

5) Cancer. (Add Alzheimer's to the list, too)

6) Halloween. Not a big fan.

7) Senseless arguments over stuff that doesn't matter.

8) Tissues with lotion and/or the Vicks Vapo-Rub stuff on them.

9) Alarm Clocks. (Feel free to add watches, calendars, day-planners, and bathroom scales)

10) Telemarketing calls.

The irony here is that I used to be a telemarketer -- at one time, I sold vinyl siding, cabinet refacing & replacement windows. Another job had me setting appointments for Olan Mills. So, you'd think I would be more sympathetic.

I'm not.

What would I miss? Oh, I think that's pretty obvious, isn't it?


I'd miss them both - but the one on the left has completely captured my heart.

I think you knew these two were next, didn't you?

There's still a lot of life left to live (if God wills it so). And, I've decided that I'm going to live it -- doggone it! There are things that I need to do that I've put off, and shouldn't have. (Refer back to #9 on my list) There are people to hug. Places to visit. Fences to mend.

And today. . . I've decided that living it out to the fullest is the best way to honor those who have gone before us.

What about you? What are you going to do?
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Contrary Guy said...

100%

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so with you about Halloween. how did it get to be such a huge dang holiday? I don't get it.

And the fascination (and worship) of the macabre... I was talking to hubby a few weeks ago. What if the excrement hits the oscillating unit and all heck broke loose in world... Would people be able to really "function" with all that stuff they used to "worship" being reality?

Think about it. On second thought, don't -- too scary.

Ooh, I think I just vented. LOL!

HUGS, I know you dearly miss Beth, but you will see her soon (figuratively). In the meantime, you can visit her through her beautiful daughters. I'm quite sure that the good bits of Beth remain in them.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

I know you didn't wanna, but I'm glad you did...I like reading your words, and your perspective.

I am going to love on my family today, and focus on the good, the absolute good in people today :)

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What am I going to do? Eat M&Ms. Silly question.

Also be more like Jesus in thought, word, and deed.

Those two pretty much cover most of what's necessary. And since Tony Stewart seems to have tanked towards the end of this year, I'll leave it at two.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad to wrote anyway. I love reading your blog. :)

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home