This is My "Real" Blog: 1,576,800


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, September 29, 2007

1,576,800

. . . minutes. That's how many minutes have transpired in the last three years.

1,576,800 minutes ago, at about this time, Caroline was being taken into surgery at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. This woman, Carla Christian, and her amazing staff, operated on Caroline's heart, and fixed the hole between the lower two chambers. Caroline was born with a VSD (vetricular septal defect). Although the most common, and easiest of congenital heart defects to repair, it was still my daughter. . . and the longest day of my life.

Last year, I did a couple of layouts to celebrate, and remember. Here they are. . .

My Longest Day
Longest Day - part 2
I Will Sing - when her smile came back

You may have seen them last year, but there are some of you who are new to this blog. And you know me. . . any chance I can get to show off Caroline is taken with reckless abandon!

Today, she's opting to stay in her PJ's and read books. She ate breakfast, but had a follow-up snack of dry cheerios (see previous post with layouts) and the rest of her apple juice from breakfast. This child, who was seriously hampered by this heart defect at birth, is now a vibrant, exciting, precociuos, chatterbox who delights us from morning until night.

Every September 29 will be significant from now on. Each time the day dawns, I will remember letting go. I will remember trusting God like I never have. I will remember the amazement at the medical community. I will remember that the world is bigger than I can comprehend.

But mostly, I will remember that God is bigger than the world that encompasses me, and along with the sparrows, He holds me in his hands. There's no place I'd rather be.

Happy September 29!! Around here, it really is a happy day!!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

Dear, dear Angie,
Your blog mad me sob... it was so beautifully written. Sweet little Caroline... sitting in her laundry basket... and once facing such scary surgery. Boyd asked me why I was crying and I choked out, "I didn't...sob,sob... send Caroline her doll yet".

Hey, how did I get a few posts behind? I'll call you next week and we'll catch up!
Love,
Joni

11:21 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i am running out the door, but check out the blog, i will leave a proper comment later... but i published the caroline page with some improvements

12:22 PM  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

I remember those layouts. I just love that smile. Yes give Caroline lots of hugs and kisses from me OK. :)

6:41 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I couldn't get the layouts to work, but it was such a beautiful tribute I didn't even care.

((((hugs))))

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home