This is My "Real" Blog: 1 versus 23


Angie's Blog!

Monday, September 24, 2007

1 versus 23

[note: this was originally written on Monday night, but technical difficulties prohibited me from posting it until Tuesday afternoon.]

This is probably not a fair title. But, as I type this blog entry, I am totally being blown away by a show entitled "Our 27 Kids" about the Murphy family. This family, who lives outside of Atlanta, has adopted 23 special needs kids, alongside their four biological children.


The majority of their adopted children have Down syndrome. They are a unique family--so full of love and compassion. So full of hope and promise. And so very, very busy. I found an article about them from a People magazine from 2005. Here is the link. I encourage you to read the article.


I am completely humbled and touched by their love and compassion. This amazing couple chose to raise these children. They accepted 23 children--when no one else wanted them--and have loved them and attempted to bring out the best in each one of them.


Wow. Seriously, folks. Read the article. Utterly amazing.

I hope to post after band practice and choir tonight. Fun new pics of "Princess Adventure." She blew my mind this afternoon while "taking a nap" if that's what you call it. Pictures and stories to follow.
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

What good sweet people. :) Warms my heart.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...amazing. People are phenomenal, ya know?

8:48 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Thanks for the 'link'. I'll go to it as soon as I say "HI!".

Can't wait to see what are Caroline's latest antics during naptime. Don't keep us hanging!
Joni
PS House deal all secure??

10:17 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Cool story. Is this a sneak preview - are you guys expecting, either naturally or through adoption?

11:43 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And in case you're still wondering, I'm posting the same answer on your blog.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home