This is My "Real" Blog: B-r-r-r-r! It's like Christmas here!


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

B-r-r-r-r! It's like Christmas here!

. . . well, the high today is only supposed to be 78. That feels like Christmas after the summer we've had.

. . .that, and as I type, Caroline is watching the Wiggles' DVD entitled, "Santa's Rockin.'" The funny part is that there are two special guests. . . .John Fogerty and Barry Williams (Greg, from the Brady Bunch).

This child LOVES this DVD. I like it, too. It just cracks me up--in the closing (title) song, Santa Claus actually does "the froog," as part of the choreography. Just flat-out fun!

I got a call this afternoon, from Caroline's school teacher. She just wanted to let me know that Caroline had an awesome day. Ms. Carolyn (yes, her teacher's name is Carolyn) said that Caroline had a number of "spontaneous" outbursts of conversation. She said that she answered questions, mimicked them, and tried to initiate conversation.

This, however, is no surprise to us. She does this at home. . .all the time. But at school, she has been remarkably quiet. So, it was a delightful phone call. Nothing like confirming our knowledge that Caroline has gifts and abilities for which she is often denied credit. She's one smart little cookie!

And, that little cookie is looking for a new DVD, because Santa is officially NOT rocking anymore.

But, dude, can that man in red do the froog!
Photobucket

11 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Ha. I got your Christmas weather right here, baby. I just checked the temperature and the weather network tells me it's a balmy 42.8F. Yes, that is Fahrenheit, but I've been using that F for something else to describe it!

What a delightful phone call...I'm hoping to get such a call when Carter starts school. That is, if I can bring him when he's supposed to go. Duh.

Hugs,

Melly :)

7:58 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Personally, I ban Christmas anything before 1 December (although, having said that, we were going on about pirates the other day, and saying Yo Ho Ho, and Lexie piped up "Merry Christmas!"). I wish her school would go to the trouble of calling me. I feel really out of the loop (I used to go to her old school every day, so I always knew what was happening). xx

9:00 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

it feels like christmas in miami here right now... about 43F, 6C, so I am blissful except that I also have the bubonic plague...oh well, and my kids loved this VHS (not DVD) of Baby Rocks... watched it for hours and months and years...scrap that Angie, those are the things you dont want to forget, and you will unless someone tells a story to jog loose the memory

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are beginning to have some cold whether here too, here means Rome, Italy! and I'm so happy!
ciao from Rome
freddie

3:17 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Hi there Angie,
I haven't been a very good writer this week... been involved with projects and adventures with my husband. Like an afternoon movie yesterday at the theater... only a small popcorn and no butter.

That is so neat that you have such good communication with Caroline's school. She seems to have some really great teachers. Of course she's so darn cute, they probably love talking about her.

The cool weather is great! Perfect weather to sell a house.
Hugs,
Joni

7:13 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Okay so I am a bit confused....from a/c out to Christmas weather? Hhhmmmmm? Great to get feedback from Princess's school. Good luck with the house selling...it will happen!

8:42 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I read the first line and thought...surely you jest.

:)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Wait a sec - somebody from our family can cop an attitude? Say it ain't so!!

I'm glad she's sharing her verbosity with total (well, not total) strangers.

And congrats on the break in the weather. Nice change, isn't it?

5:59 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Cold?? Come on up here girlie and I will show you cold. We got snow last night!! 28 degrees!! LOL! I love when the teacher calls with good news! I had a very similar call last week. It was great!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I don't have your e-mail so I figured I would try to PM you at two peas but realized I didn't have your name on two peas. PM me on two peas and I will give you me e-mail addy. I am tylersangel.

I am just northwest of Duluth, Minnesota. Like the blog says,'1/2 way to Canada' LOL!

6:23 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i miss you so much i just ahng out round the old posts

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home