This is My "Real" Blog: Awards


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Awards

I've been nominated for two. . .that's right. . .count 'em two awards. I don't know that I deserve either of them, but I'm enjoying them nonetheless.

The first is a "Thinking Blogger" award. My friend, Kate, nominated me for this award. Kate and I share a couple of common bonds. The first is our love for crafting. . .sewing and paper crafts. But our most important bond is our children, Lexie and Caroline. These two little girls, though separated by an ocean, share that common extra chromosome that makes them precious, special, and life-changing all at the same time.

Kate, you have blessed and challenged me in the short time I have known you. Thank you for this nomination, but most importantly, thank you for befriending me totally out of the blue. You are a great friend!

The other award is a "nice" award. . . .literally, it's all about being nice. My wonderful friend, Joni, has awarded me with this honor. She has also honored me by her friendship, her encouragement, and her inspiration.

So, who would I nominate? Oh, where to begin. . .

My "thinking blogger" nominees would be:

Mark - my wonderful husband. I love him. Love his blog, too.

Steve - my wonderful brother-in-law. I'm still vying to be the favorite sister-in-law. Maybe this will help me? Steve often posts entries that make no sense to me (I'm not techno-savvy) but I still enjoy his delivery.

Doug - little history lesson here. . .one of my fondest memories of Doug is the 2 days of Church camp where he kept a dill pickle chip affixed to his forehead. He is one of the reasons Mark and I actually are Mark and I.

Jules - I've nominated her because she "rocks" and she does. But, she also makes me think. She has inspired me in my day-to-day life. I like that about her.

Ali Edwards - she's actually part of the "who's who" in the scrapbooking world. I have communicated with her a couple times (private email) but she has no clue that I exist. I still read her blog (link on the right) each day. Though our political and religious views may differ on occasion, she still inspires me to find life and art in my everyday life.

My "Nice Blogger" nominations are:

Every one of those blog links on the right. These are my friends. . .for the most part. Some of these wonderful women (and men) don't know me from Adam. (Although I think it'd be easy to tell me apart from a naked guy in a fig leaf costume, but I digress)

These are people whose blogs I check every day. Some I check more than once a day--because if they haven't posted (Melany . . .Beth. . . Helen) I am dying to read what they have to say.

It truly is an honor to be nominated. . . especially by the ladies who nominated me. Thanks Kate & Joni. You all are such fun!
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I'm honored. And pleased to be included in such a thoughtful group.

And yes, you're my favorite sister-in-law, regardless of nominations.

Congratulations on the nominations! They forgot the SuperWoman award, for dedication to God, family, life, and friends, all above and beyond the call of duty.

Oh, and PS: you're kewl!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh stop, you. I'm blushing! Truly, congratulations on your nominations, you are incredibly deserving of both. Hooray!

12:05 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Congratulations on the nominations so well deserved from one Princess Mummy to another!

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home