This is My "Real" Blog: How Can You Resist?


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

How Can You Resist?

. . .this???

That's right. . . we're getting the "crew" together for this year's Buddy Walk. October 14, 2007. Market Square, Downtown Knoxville. Caroline's Crew last year, numbered well over 130 people.

This year's goal: 150 people
Fundraising goal: $2,500

I think we might just make our goals this year. And, I thought you'd want to see THAT FACE!!!

In other news, Mark's mom and dad began their long drive toward Arizona today. They expect to make it home by Saturday night, or Sunday. I don't envy them the drive. We did it a few years back, on a mission trip -- and drove straight through. Not a fun prospect, either way. But, we are awfully glad they came for a visit.

Tonight marks the beginning of fall choir practices for the adult choir. Normally, I am ready for choir practices--music ordered, numbered, holes punched & in folders. Not this year. I have had more "interruptions" in my life the last couple of weeks. I have three new songs picked out, but the music is not in-house, yet. Oh well, we'll make the best of it, and muddle through somehow, tonight. I love my choir. They are fun. Irreverent. Silly.

. . .but they are servants first of all. They see themselves as part of the bigger picture. They see their role as leaders in our worship services. They realize that they have been given this awesome responbility and privilege in leading others to the throne of God. That's so much bigger than "singing a special song" on Mother's Day, or whenever. Great group of people. They bless me.

Other updates. . .

I'm plugging away at the quilt. I'm about halfway done with the hand-quilting. It's tedious, but I'm really enjoying it. I hope Caroline likes it. I will probably hold off on giving it to her for a year or two. As little as she is, she's got plenty of time to grow into it.

I'm starting to think about what the next projects will be. I have another quilt started. And a table runner, too. Both could be Christmas presents. So, if I get myself in gear. . .I just might get them done. We'll see.

I'm also starting to think about doing some digital scrapbook projects for Christmas presents. I never think about that, but it's the obvious thing to do. I know that I have plenty of layouts. . .enough to fill and album or two. And, if I get myself organized and get busy--I could probably CREATE an album - based on a theme - for a gift this year, as well. We'll see.

But between now and then, there's still lots of things to do. . . church stuff. . . Buddy Walk. . .Edison's 13th birthday. . . Edison's surgery. . . .Edison's first football game (this Thursday). It's one of the few games I'll actually be able to attend, so I'm pretty excited. I think he's getting nervous, but he'll never admit it.

Well, I guess that's a good update. Sorry for the delay in posts. Between having company this weekend, and just enjoying some "family" time, it got away from me. There are still a couple of "tea party" pictures I need to post from Saturday morning. Hopefully, I'll get to that sooner than later. If not. . . yell at me. Really. Go ahead--I can take it!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Simply CANNOT resist.

2. Give her the quilt the minute you finish it.

Hugs,

Melly :)

2:54 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

yes i do like it, i have been trying to figure out how to use it as a blinkie and get people to donate, any ideas?

4:55 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Boy does Caroline look adorable! I wish I lived closer so I could walk for her.

You have been a busy gal. I have this quiet,lazy life and I haven't been accomplishing anything much. We didn't go to bed last night until 3:45. I was reading... finished a book... started another. And that's what I'm going to do right now... read for an hour or so in bed.

Hey, where's your award on your blog?? You earned it!!
Hugs,
Joni

11:26 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Oh look at her! Just look at that little face! I want to squeeze those cheeks!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Princess is looking so adorable! Too cute! Good luck with the quilt

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home