This is My "Real" Blog: It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like. . .


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like. . .

. . .my house!

Last night, my wonderful husband hung pictures in the office/dining room and a basket in the kitchen. As each thing went up on the wall, it felt more and more like our house. Which makes me think of a song. . .

Our house. . .is a very, very, very fine house
With one dead mouse under the sink. . .

I realize the song did not go that way, but indeed our very, very, very fine house had a mouse. Until yesterday. Until the trap was set. Until I got home from work.

. . . and I heard the scratching. Yes, to all my Edgar Allan Poe fan friends, the tell-tale mouse was scratching and bumping his little stuck self against the side of the garbage can under my kitchen sink. How do I know?

When I went to throw something away in the aforementioned garbage can, there he was. I assume it was a "he" because. . .well, do I have to say it? Mice, like kidney stones. . .are male.

Anyway, it goes without saying that I did not use that garbage can until well after my wonderful husband came home last night and dispatched (his word) the little fella . . wait for it. . . somewhere out there. (Insert tune here) Yes, I get the connection. . .a mouse sang the song in the movie. It's a good (unplanned) play on words & music, actually.

Anyway, after he was gone, I felt better about washing dishes, cooking dinner, throwing things away, and hanging pictures. . . .no the dead mouse wasn't hampering me from hanging pictures. It's just a great way to bring the whole story back to where I started.

Today, the inlaws arrive. My brother-in-law has been working on their computers (his blog said so) and entertaining them in Cincinnati. Which means that when they get here, they'll be ready for some serious quality-time with the grandkids.

. . .which is good, because Mark and I are leave town in the morning. That's right, we're basically dumping the kids on them within 18 hours of their arrival. Tomorrow is the long-awaited day that we go to Bristol for the race. We are working on behalf of DSAG tomorrow morning/afternoon. . .watching the Busch Race tomorrow evening. . .and working the Nextel Cup Race on Saturday. I am very, very excited.

There will be pictures-a-plenty when we return home on Sunday. It would be the thrill of my lifetime to meet any one of these following people. I don't think it will happen, but it would still thrill off my socks. . . Michael Waltrip. . . Jeff Burton. . .Dale Jarrett. . .Bobby LaBonte. . .or of course, Dale, Jr.

All things being equal, I'd probably end up just as star struck if I got the chance to shake hands with Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, or (ick, swallowing hard) either of the Busch brothers. But, I'd really like to meet Michael Waltrip or Jeff Burton. I know, I know. . .you had no idea I was such a redneck, did you?

So if you see "grinning-Angie/generous-NASCAR-driver" pictures on the blog on Sunday, you'll know I got my wish!

Well, there you have it. I have new things hanging in my house. . .I have ushered out at least one thing I didn't want hanging around my house. . .and for this weekend, I will not be hanging around my house.

Need another tune running through your head to complete your day? Allright, here goes:

"Bye, bye, Miss American Pie. . . drove my chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry. . ."
. . .you're welcome!
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, mice put me over the edge. I'm glad he is gone.

Have fun my rockin' friend. As you are somewhere out there, driving your chevy, don't forget that life is a highway - and you can drive it all night long...

11:10 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

You are too too funny girlfriend. Have a fabulous time!

3:50 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

well sorry that our trips overlapped like this, have a swell time... in homestead i worked with reaceway ministries at the NASCAR race... lots of fun

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home