This is My "Real" Blog: DisOrientation


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

DisOrientation

What a crazy couple of days. . . but I can truly say that I have been "oriented."

Orientation#1
Two Saturdays ago, we went to Edison's orientation at school. I believe I blogged about this. . . NOT the ideal location for Caroline on a Saturday morning. But, we made it through--even found Edison's locker.

Orientation #2
Caroline's Mother's Day Out program held an orientation last week. Even though we have been going to MDO for the past 18 months, Edison and I attended before going to Steve & Barry's to buy Mark a t-shirt, and Edison some clothes for school. We learned about pick up and drop off times, pay schedules, and curriculum for the upcoming year.

Orientation #3
Today. Caroline's preschool needed me to come down and fill out forms, and get her established for the school year.

I truly cannot imagine anything or anyone else that could provide orientation for me at this point. But wait. . . it will be my luck that I need orientation for something in the coming weeks. As always, if so, you'll be one of the first to know. . .

I finally have pictures of the "floor model" dress that I got for Caroline. She was absolutely adorable in it. Unfortunately, these pictures are from Saturday afternoon, when she had other clothes on under the dress. But I think you still get the idea.






Becoming Amish (or, why I wish you all lived closer)
Two weeks ago, my friend Patricia, gave me some Amish Friendship Bread starter. Basically, you mush a baggie of "goo" for 4-5 days, then you add flour, sugar, and milk. Then you mush the baggie for another 5 days. Your kitchen smells like a brewery, but it's worth it.

Then, on Day #10, you add more "goo" to the "goo," and divide up the bigger goo in to four new baggies. You keep one baggie, give away the three other goo bags, and bake two loaves of yummy quick bread with the starter.

It's a great way to make people dread hearing from you. But it's also a way to win friends and influence people. Personally, I love it.

Today is "divide the goo and bake the bread" day. My kitchen smells heavenly. To this week's batter, I added 2/3 of a bag of choclate chips. Last time, I added frozen blueberries. You don't have to add anything, but it makes for fun variety.

So, if you lived closer, I would bring you some bread, and try to pawn off some bread starter onto you. Be glad you don't live near me!

One last thing. . . do you like Chex Mix at the holidays? If so, I have got an awesome recipe for you. My friend Cindy, makes what she calls "Oregano Chicken." It is not only delicious, but it makes your house smell like Chex Mix.

Here's the recipe:

Oregano Chicken (serves 4-6)

1/4 c. melted butter
1/4 c. lemon juice
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. worchestershire sauce
2 t. oregano
1 t. garlic powder (or salt)

Mix these ingredients together, and pour half of it over 4-6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts that have been laid in an ungreased glass baking dish.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Pour the remainder of the marinade over the chicken, and bake another 15 minutes.

It goes especially well with baked potatoes, or with rice.

ENJOY!!!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

Caroline looks adorable in the dress and hat. Of course, she's such a cute little model!

Thanks for the recipe. I'll pass it on to my husband who does all the cooking. I'd really like your recipe for your lemon chicken if you'd like to share it.
Joni

11:10 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

YEY! I was hoping to see the dress! Thank you. Do you know, you could and should run your own cooking show. You are amazing! Take care!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

What an adorable photo of Caroline.. that dress is just too cute! I LOVE that Amish bread, btw... but I'm really glad I don't live closer to you in this case, because I know I could easily pound down and entire loaf by myself LOL! Thanks for the chicken recipe... we love chex mix, and that sounds yummy!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I totally need to steal that picture for the next time I need to do a girl-page!

Around here we call that stuff "friendship bread" but I've also heard it called "monster bread"...and I can see why! lol

Must try that chicken...sounds delish!

M:)

12:03 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

friendship starter in Florida and it has been awhile so i need to get as new one going.. glad you gave us the refresher course

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home