This is My "Real" Blog: Hitting the Ground Running


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hitting the Ground Running

Being the first week that both kids are in school, it is a whirlwind. Of course, Edison's marathon doctor visit on Monday started our week off with a bang. Then yesterday, he had an ortho appointment, where the attached more serious wires to the brackets already in place, and basically started the whole "let's get these teeth straight" business going.

The allergist alerted us that there might be some conflict with his poultry-egg-sized adenoids and the teeth-straightening process. We'll talk to the ENT doctor about that tomorrow. That's right. . .we got him in for an appointment tomorrow afternoon. So, it will be another trip to Downtown Knoxville tomorrow afternoon! It's a good thing it's a small downtown, and extremely close by, otherwise I might go on strike or something! (yeah, right!)

We studied together for a history quiz last night--and I have to say that there are days that I miss the closeness that we shared when it came to homeschooling him. I learned stuff. He learned stuff. We spent time together. I miss that. So, even though I was tired from an 11-hour day (yeah, I work part time. . . . .right!) I really enjoyed studying with him.

Today was, and is, a crazy busy day. But, I think, when it's all said and done, I'll survive. The clouds look ominous, like we could get some rain. It would be nice. I'm not running out and putting my car windows up, because, for some reason, that seems to insure that it will NOT rain. I am, however, keeping an eye open, just in case.

Tonight begins our fall series at church. The adults are going to do a Men's and Women's study based on the books, "Captivating" and "Wild at Heart." I have wanted to read "Captivating" for a while now, but won't be able to participate in the study because of my commitment to the Children's Choir. I will probably try to read the book sometime this year. It looks very good.

So, there you have it. I should be making something for the carry-in dinner at church, but instead, I am blogging, talking on Yahoo Messenger with my friend Ann, and listening to my daughter avoid taking a nap like it is the plague.

. . .in other words, it's a typical Wednesday around here!
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I wish Downtown was exciting for me. I just want to give the homeless people money and tell the college students to get out of the freaking road and use the sidewalks.

But I'm not a nice person and you are. :)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Take a deep breath my friend....you'll get there...one step at a time :)

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, busy weeks just eat-cha-up, yeah? Hope everything with the doc goes well tomorrow - man, it is Edison's week, eh?

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home