This is My "Real" Blog: Two Tired Kids


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Two Tired Kids

That's right. . .by 10 p.m. tonight, I had two extremely exhausted children in bed. . . asleep.

Caroline and I enjoyed a non-stop day. She had school, which was good. She's kind of enduring a self-imposed hunger strike as of late. She refuses to eat lunch at school - - specifically her peanut butter & jelly sandwich. She does, however, eat them at home.

Today, we sent a container of applesauce, which she scarfed, according to her teacher. She also put her backpack into a cubby without being prompted. I said "a" cubby, because it wasn't her cubby, but she still managed to do the appropriate action without being reminded.

When she got off the bus, we headed to the grocery store to pick up Edison's allergy medicine prescription. His doctor prescribed Clarinex, even though he has no allergies. I believe his words were something to the effect of, ". . . anything to help him stop snoring. . ."

Can I get a "wha-wha?!" Tonight he took Benadryl--I guess he figure the sheer exhaustion from a football game wasn't going to insure a good night's sleep.

Sorry, slight digression there. . . after picking up the Clarinex, we ran back to the house to pick up the lunch for Edison that he needed before his game.

Oh, did I mention that Caroline has taken her "show on the road. . .?" That's right, as we were finishing up at Kroger, I look down, and see that she has stripped off her shirt, and has thrown it on the floor.

So proud. I am so proud.

We dropped off Edison's lunch, and headed back to the house. We threw together a quick supper, and got ready to go to Edison's game.

No. They didn't win. But, they did an awesome job. I am going to attempt to upload some pictures from the game. We'll see how that goes.

Caroline has decided that not only is she not a fan of middle school football, she also doesn't like the refs' whistles, the screaming fans, and the noise from the announcer. She cried. I actually was heard at one point to say, "Come on, Caroline. Suck it up. You can take it. Get used to it."

I know. I'm not a stellar mother. . . but by the 3rd quarter, she was cheering for the boys, and looking for her "brover."

I am so proud of Edison. He did a great job. He played the majority of the game--sitting out for only 3 or 4 plays. He encouraged his team members, and most importantly--played his heart out.

Here you go. . . eat your heart out, Sports Illustrated. . .



Coach Ty giving Edison instructions before sending him back in.



Edison is very proud of his football stance. I think he practices it when we're not looking.



We were thrilled to see so many friends from church who came out to the game. Our youth minister Tim (red beard & hat), our youth ministry intern, Chad (gray & white shirt), Christian, one of the kids from the youth group (blonde - light gray t-shirt), and the Kuhn's - Elam wearing a hat & Glen & Tracy up front. That meant a lot.

Finally, one great action shot that Mark captured. That's my boy . . .Number 79. That's my boy.

Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

Hi Angie,
That's great going, Edison! Wish I lived closer to cheer you on at your games.

I think that's so funny that Caroline stripped in the store. Did you laugh??

I'm pooped from our day running around for many hours, so I'm off to bed with my book. By the way, the first book in the series is called 'Brilliant' by Marne Davis Kellogg. They really need to be read in order. They're light but hold my interest because they take place in familiar spots. In the 2nd book, I stayed in the same hotel in Portafino that the heroine stays in. You might want to go to Amazon.com and read a review, etc. to see if it appeals to you. I do that with most books I read. You might like 'Snow Flower and the Secret Fan'... a favorite of mine this summer.

I don't know what I'm going to do with the fabric... so many options... and the colors are so pretty in person.

Off to bed... to read.
Joni

1:04 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

YEY Mum! That is a great story....I love your pride...it has put a big smile on my face. Our Princess is not a big fan of crowds like that either.....oh well! take care Angie and have a super weekend!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

You are cursed.

That is, the old Chinese curse that says "May you live in interesting times".

It's really neat to hear about the daily life of Caroline and Edison - the wins, the struggles, the every-day stuff. Thanks for writing.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to load the grocery cart out of reach of my daughter's outstretched hand. A lady approached me at the meat counter with an "eeeeyyooo" look on her face and pointed to my daughter who had poked a big hole in the hamburger package and was in the process of phtuing her third bite onto the floor. Did you look both ways as you scooped the shirt off the floor?

Go Edison! the only reason I tolerated the cold ice arena was because my #12 was on the ice, a very rewarding and irreplacible set of memories.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home