This is My "Real" Blog: Is it Hot in Here? Or is it. . . ?


Angie's Blog!

Monday, September 10, 2007

Is it Hot in Here? Or is it. . . ?

Nope. It's hot in here. Or, at least, it was.

We awoke on Sunday morning to no air-conditioning. That's right. We're in the middle of an indian summer so intense that my grass is nearly non-existent due to the increased and prolonged heat. . . .and our A/C decides to take a vacation.

After church, we bugged out to a local Chinese buffet. NO. . .I didn't overeat. In fact, I had a huge plate of salad before eating anything that resembled chinese food. I avoided egg rolls, crab rangoon, fried rice, lo mein noodles, and sweet & sour chicken. (perennial favorites) I did, however, eat a small piece (just one) of sesame chicken. I also ate sauteed mushrooms, peel & eat shrimp (YUM) and grilled salmon.

It was good. Kind of felt good to eat -- and not overeat.

Anyway, back to the "HOT" conditions. . . .Dad, Mark, and my uncle Jeff were able to detect the problem, and get us air conditioning back. In fact, the house was down to a comfortable 74 degrees by the time our small group met at our house at 6 p.m.

Sometime in the middle of Sunday night, the A/C quit. . .again.

This time, we called in the professionals. They were at the house by the time I got Caroline on the bus (8:30 a.m.) this morning, and by 10 a.m., we were back in the 70s. Go figure.

We are still waiting on the Lord to allow us to sell our house. We have not lost hope, but it's been a long three months. We were just about the lower the price this morning, when Mark got a call from the realtor--the REAL realtor. She showed the house on Saturday. This family likes the house. She thinks that we should hold off on lowering the price, because we may be at the point of selling the house.

The cool part? (Well, other than having real-live people interested in our little house) While Mark was having this conversation with our realtor, I was in our Monday morning prayer time with the rest of the church staff. I prayed this morning, very specifically about our house selling. I made the point of telling God that I trust Him, and that I'm doing my best not to say something like this:

"Lord, in all things, especially our house I trust you and your timing. . . .but . . ." I really am trying to avoid "but-ting" God on this one. He is sovereign. He is good. He is faithful. He is holding us in His hands. Why should I worry?

It's funny--I have purposely held off putting this on our church's prayer chain. . .we're not the only family in the church attempting to sell a house. For some reason, it feels like something I should not do. . .so I haven't. Many of us have, however, prayed about it in every public praying situation we have found ourselves in the past couple of months.

It will happen. . .in God's time. And, who am I to argue with HIS timing?

So, it's just another Monday.

I believe this is my one night at home this week. Tomorrow night will be full with orchestra and choir practice(s). I enjoy Tuesdays, but they always wear me out. Wednesday night is church. Thursday is still up in the air. . . Edison will be away Wednesday - Friday on a 3-day outdoor adventure field trip for school. So, Mark and I might take advantage of a quiet house (well, a quiet-er one) and watch a romantic movie. I keep hearing that Wild Hogs is a good movie. And, oh so romantic, I'm sure.

So, enjoy your week. I'll try to post again tomorrow--but since I've bared my soul, I trust you'll understand if it doesn't happen until Wednesday!! Now, I've got to go make some sort of supper. I'm thinking meatball subs.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . .
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I knew I liked you for a reason.

Whatever you leave at the Chinese buffet, I'll eat. And the plate will be loaded high.

Glad you survived your manic, catastrophic Sunday.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Sorry about your A/C... that's always a bummer. Now at our house we woke up to 55 degrees this morning and Boyd wanted to turn the heat on.

I'l add your house sale to my prayers. Hope it sells soon for your financial sake! You'll have to get a second job... at a quilt shop... hee,hee.

Meatball subs sound good. I'm really trying hard right now to eat very small servings. Boyds making Almond-Cinnamon Biscotti at the moment. Fat-free and sugar-free (Splenda). Hope they're good cuz I love biscotti with a cup of tea.

Must go and hop in the shower. It's 5:50 and I'm still in my jams.
Joni

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is indeed some kissing in Wild Hogs. Remember William Macy, the guy that's in everything? And he wears black leather too.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I'm sorry about your temperature problems! But am also a weeny bit envious as we haven't had our (portable) A/C on all 'summer'.
And I know what you mean about prayer issues (and feeling there are some things you shouldn't be praying for right now).
Lexie had a good day yesterday, so school seems to be a success (although she did say she wasn't going back!). Take it easy, and looking forward to your next entry when you're ready. xx

7:12 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i check into motels when a/c trouble brews... but get this cool thing, in the midst of being so foggy and groggy with this flu delirium, I was praying for your house sale,out of the blue ...well you know what i mean... so this is very cool news,,,, and we will keep praying

10:28 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Cry me a river...I think it was 50 degrees here yesterday. Waaaaaaaaa.

Start looking for a statue of St. Joseph for the back yard of the house...you never know!

Melly :)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Oh...and I had Chinese buffet for lunch and I do believe I ate everything in sight. OY.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home