This is My "Real" Blog: Some Things Can Still Surprise Me. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Monday, September 17, 2007

Some Things Can Still Surprise Me. . . .

. . .cool temperatures -- you know, during Fall, when it's supposed to be cool.
. . .a hug from a friend that admits she's not a "hugger" person
. . .a glance from my kid in church telling me he's listening.
. . .an e-mail from some long-lost students that still like me
. . .celebrities "accidentally" letting profanity slip during the Emmys.

Puh-leaze!

But this is the kicker. . . .(so to speak)

. . . a man who clearly was wrongly accused of his wife's murder is now being treated like a criminal. O.J. Simpson, a thief? Why, that just cannot be. Not in my world.

Oy.

I thought it was bad enough 12 years ago, hot summer afternoons, me pregnant with Edison. . . O.J. running from the police in a white Bronco. . . .all of my afternoon programming pre-empted by news coverage. Holy Moses on a Bicycle! (Thanks, Chick. . .I love that one!)

But now - - its like deja vu all over again. I mean, the odds of a clearly innocent man being falsely accused twice are just staggering. Surely they have accused the wrong man.

Geez Louise.

[I am sorry. But, from time to time, I have to mutter a "Geez Louise" or a "Puh-lease" because I'm 43, monumentally cynical, and just cranky enough to have something to say. It won't happen again. . . well, at least not until someone else gets away with murder, and then complains about being called a "thief."]
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

my head is killing me... and still you made me smile... and if my brain didnt hurt so much, i woeuld try ot much you cynicism for cyncicism, but alas you have to carry the ball (a football reference) for both of us

4:31 PM  
Blogger Me said...

ROFL!! I am in awe! Your comments today probably reflect what 99% of society feels. Please, no more O.J.!!
Thanks for the smiles!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

ROFL! This is better than watching the news!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

You want profanity???

I got that...

11:23 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Last night I dreamed that you and I had dinner together! It was crazy!

Then I woke up and thought, "You know, we could actually do that!"

Which was even MORE crazy!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

GET THAT OJ OFF MY TV SCREEN!!! Lock him up and don't give him the satisfaction of the press focusing on him. Yuck, yuck, yuck!!

You brought it up, Angie!
Joni

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home