This is My "Real" Blog: See Ya Later, Hooey!


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

See Ya Later, Hooey!

No, I did not mis-type the name "Huey" in the title. I am referring to my state of having the hooey scared out of me.

Now, before I begin this, remember that I love all of God's creatures. Some of them, even close up. But there are others that I prefer at arm's distance. . . you know the Green Giant's arm length!

I believe I posted a few weeks ago about my love affair with rodents. I hate mice.

Mickey? Cute
Mighty Mouse? Brave and heroic

But a mouse in my house. Huh-uh.

I feel the same way about snakes. And yes, I do realize they eat the mice of which I have just written. But, when I am out--feeding God's creation (squirrels) with the ends of the loaf of bread--I don't want to be greeted by a snake. I especially don't want that greeting to be a complete surprise. . .behind my back. . . when I least expected it . . .rustling in the dry leaves next to the house. . . panicking that this big, huge human was blocking its sunlight.

I didn't scream, but boy did I panic!! I think my heart has started beating at its normal pace again. I'm not sure.

But the hooey -- it's gone!

[and no. . ."hooey" isn't a euphemism for something else. . .it's just an expression]
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Suck it up, girl...90% of the world's scariest snakes are in Australia. Now if anyone should be afraid, it's Helen! heehee

Hope you got your hooey back.

Melly :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

there are no snakes so far as i can see in Canada

8:04 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

me afraid Melly! Too right....and I lived in Africa as well! I am right there with you Angie....climbing on the kitchen table!

9:19 PM  
Blogger *Heather said...

Too funny! I would be the same way though! ;)

9:41 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Angie,
I just asked you the other day about snakes around your house. I can't believe you really had an encounter... I'd have fainted and landed right on the snake. I feel bad that I detest one of God's critters so much.
Joni
And I just saw the movie "Snakes On a Plane"!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Snakes don't bother me a whole lot here but we don't have any that get real big or are at all dangerous. Mice I can take. I have even caught them and put them back outside. Spiders however are another story completely! I am terrified of spiders...even little tiny ones. LOL!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

At least you didn't pick it up and put it in your mouth to show how friendly it was.

I guess young people these days still DO have some sense!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home