This is My "Real" Blog: It's Been a Mighty, Mite-y Good Day


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's Been a Mighty, Mite-y Good Day

(Yes, Helen. . I'm being cryptic again!)

I only have a few seconds until Law & Order:CI comes on. And it's followed by the original Law & Order -- so I'm psyched.

It was a good day.

Some of you know that I had to go for a surgical consultation with my favorite man in white today. Dr. Brinner, who did my hernia surgery in June, was to be consulted over a mammogram that I had last week. On this mammogram, there was a spot. This spot was there six months ago -- which is why I had the follow-up last week. However, this "spot" has not changed, grown, moved, or given anyone cause for alarm. Except for the doctor I saw last week who was, in Dr. Brinner's opinion. . . an overly zealous radiologist.

He then launched into a speech (laced with some "sailor" words) about how many doctors and practitioners over-test, and over-research to the point of bankrupting society, or some travesty like that. Hey, he was animated! Last summer, he barely grunted as he removed my staples. I was enraptured to have his attention for more than 30 seconds!

Dr. Brinner - who I trust implicitly - feels like no more testing is needed.

For good measure, I took my mom with me. . .as a breast cancer survivor, I wanted to be sure that SHE heard everything I was hearing. Plus, it was that added measure of security as I was being "examined." (ahem) The man didn't even buy me dinner!

So, I am a very grateful girl tonight. I hugged my kids a little bit tighter--and thanked God that, other than the unknown dangers that befall us everyday, I still have a long future ahead of me with these three people I love so much.

I am also grateful that Edison didn't fall prey to some nasty little creatures on his retreat over the weekend. One of the other middle school boys has been diagnosed with mites. He's itchy, rashy, and pretty miserable.

We've washed everything. And, we're thankful that we were not "bugged" by these "mitey" irritating little vermin.

So, it really IS a happy Wednesday!!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Congrats! That's good news.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear all is well.

10:17 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

and I am still doing the Bible Study and I dont think I will take the bracelet down either.. I am still grinning broadly

7:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good news on both accounts!!! :D

8:55 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I watched the clock during your appointment time. I felt as though I was in the waiting room. I was so grateful for your 'update'.I kept checking my email.

The news is wonderful!! I'm so happy for you... and your family.
A good meaning for the word "peace".
Hugs,
Joni

10:09 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

OH that is good news my friend...mites and all! Have a good weekend.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home