This is My "Real" Blog: Three Compliments and my Posse!


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Three Compliments and my Posse!

Today wound up being one of those days where -- even though I am so tired I can hardly see straight -- it was a good day.

Caroline had the day off (teacher institute day). I forgot she had the day off until yesterday morning, so we improvised. She and I ran errands today. We even stopped by and visited with her former physical therapist. It was such fun. We laughed, hugged, cried (a little) and let Ms. Jan see just how far Caroline has come in nearly a year. We didn't get to talk but about 10 minutes -- and she had an emergency to tend to. But, it was still so sweet.

We then went to LifeWay Christian Store and Cedar Springs Christian Store. (Errands for church. . .more info below). After that, we went to Chick Fil-A for lunch. I love this place. And, although I didn't get my favorite. . . their original (fried) chicken filet sandwich and waffle fries, I had the most delectable grilled chicken sandwich (no mayo) on a whole-grain bun. And, instead of waffle fries, I had the fruit cup.

YUM.

Caroline didn't want to sit in a rolling high chair, so she sat in the regular chair next to me. Wow. She's really growing up fast. She had chicken nuggets and waffle fries. I know--big surprise. But, she drank her apple juice out of the juice box by herself (big deal here) and was just a wonderful shopping and lunch companion.

We had to go to LifeWay because we needed to pick up additional workbooks for the Beth Moore study, "Believing God," which I will lead at church tomorrow night. This ten-week series should be very interesting. I am looking forward to leading a Bible Study again. It's been a long time for me. I am also excited about participating -- and learning.

But the most exciting part for me. . .? My buddy Beth has formed an online group of people (many in her family) who are going to go through the study at the same time we are here in Tennessee. Beth, Katherine, Melinda, Jenni, Mary, and some other friends, are going to go through it with me. How cool is that?!?! I have a posse.

Okay. . .the other part of my cryptic title.....

It began at Praise Band practice tonight. One of my friends pulled me aside, and said, "Angie, you really look like you're losing weight." I was able to say that I was, and that I really don't know how much. . .but I was grateful that she noticed.

Then, at choir practice, another woman pulled me aside to say the same thing. I was really starting to feel good --- and more and more motivated.

But then, I got home. There are some blessings you just don't expect. I went into Edison's room to tell him "goodnight." I had to run to the grocery store after choir, and I got home just before lights had to be turned out for him.

I went to leave after giving him a kiss & hug. He stopped me, and asked me to come back in his room. Here's what I got:

E: Mom, can I ask you something? I mean, I don't want to be rude. . .

M: Sure, bud.

E: Are you, like, losing weight or something? Because you look better than you used to?

M: Yes, I am. I'm glad you noticed.

E: Well, it's REALLY different. I mean, please don't be offended.



. . .can you say extra allowance? (Well, no.) But, it did make my day. And I told him that he was the third person to say something to me.

My kid rocks.
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Angie!!! can't wait for tomorrow night! i'll actually be watching it very late compared to everyone else...that west coast time thing...but i'm looking forward to it!!

11:49 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

Yay angie is right!!! and yay edison! but i would have gone for the waffle fries i love those had forgotten how much i loved them, i would send katherine out to get them but it midnight, shes in bed, and no one in Thunder Bay sells them, but it sure is great having another driver in the house, but i digress... i am super proud of you but more proud of your son, and Angie isnt it cool shopping with a daughter?

12:02 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

in case it is not clear , i was trying to say "Ditto: 'Yay Angie'"

12:03 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

You're doing it right, all the way around. Keep up the good work.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I've been noticing in the (rare) posts that include a picture of you. You are rocking. But O.M.G. to have it said to you in the suh-weetest way by that little...er...big man of yours? To. die. for.

And what a fun time with your little lady!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

OH Angie!!! What a boy! That is just so beautiful! And you know me....I just love your "cryptic titles" - even had to borrow it! Hehehehe!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home