This is My "Real" Blog: Breathing


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Breathing

That's what I'm doing today. Just breathing. It's been a couple of crazy days. But tonight, before going to bed, I'm just breathing in some calm, deep breaths.

I had a long talk with a friend tonight. She has taken her mom into her home. Her mom is suffering with Alzheimer's. This friend of mine is a single mom, who is trying her hardest to work a full-time job, raise a teenager, and care for her mother whose disease is getting worse.

I realized tonight, just how blessed I am. I realized that although I have a busy existence, my family is healthy. I realized that the roof over my head doesn't leak (at least I assume it doesn't) and that as I'm listening to the wind blowing outside (unseasonable stormy weather) the walls are secure.

My children are sleeping in warm beds. Mark is in the office, working on the computer. My van is parked in the garage. There is food in the pantry, and gas in the van, and money in my bank account.

I have nothing to complain about. I have no needs that God isn't meeting. There isn't anything that I've done that he cannot forgive. And, most of all, no matter where I am, or where I go, or what I do . . .He's right there with me. . .holding me up when I think I cannot go on.

We've all got someone in our life who is going through a season of suffering or hardship. Tonight, as I pray for my friend I am remembering the words to one of my favorite songs. And, today, I have decided that this is her anthem. She's living this out -- and I am proud of her.

"Blessed be Your name, when I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name, on the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name"
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Solid.

It's good to step back and realize that our short-sighted whining and complaining is smaller than a tempest in a teapot.

God is big, and He does love us, and shows it in so many ways.

Thanks for the post.

12:46 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

yes thank you for the post, melinda and i remember this song with so much gratitude, warren wiersbe (i think) said sometimes instead of praying through a problem, we need to worship through a problem... God used that song to help us do that

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was just going to say how special that song is, but my mom beat me to it. the Lord inhabits the praises of His people and as we worship Him, He is there. How cool is that!?! I'll be praying for your friend.

11:39 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

hey you are two blog posts behind... come visit

3:19 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Thank you for such a timely reminder my friend.....yes I too have little to complain of but you put it into words for me.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said. I think of this often, but I like it in print. It hits the spot a bit stronger. Thank you.

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home