This is My "Real" Blog: What to do. . . what to do?


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

What to do. . . what to do?

PACK.

That's what I need to do.

Mark and I are going away for a couple of days for our 18th anniversary. We're not going anyplace exotic. . . West Knoxville, actually. We just need a couple of days to rest and spend together.

I didn't have any idea that this month would be so exhausting (physically, emotionally, and spiritually) but it has been. Between a children's Christmas musical, a HUGE bout with the crud, two Christmas Eve services, and two Christmas Sunday services, a retirement reception for our pastor and his wife, and tomorrow (his last Sunday). . . .oh, and add in Christmas, Dad's birthday, and a couple of work-related parties. . . I'm pooped.

Last night's reception and program went very well. There were a few hiccups. . .but there always are. Hopefully, no one saw them like I did. We did not run out of food (my big fear). . .in fact, there's lots of food left for our fellowship time tomorrow before Church. There were over 200 people there last night. . . most had RSVP'd, but a handful didn't. I wanted to pinch their little ears off. But, you always have to allow room for grace, right?

I think my favorite part of the evening was watching video clips that Bob's son put together. Great music, and lots of great pictures. The other very special part for me was having letters of congratulation read to Bob & Sue from all sorts of people. Both of our US senators wrote letters, as did a couple of our state representatives, some of Bob's old friends, and the highlight for me. . . Tony Campolo (his favorite preacher & author) and President Bush. Pretty cool.

Tomorrow will be a tough morning. I have a lot of great memories from the last 13 years. Sadly, they're probably going to come flooding over me at the most inopportune time. (Like, when our trio is singing. . . you know. . . in front of everyone!) I hear reports that the service will be recorded to DVD, if so, I may put some "excerpts" on YouTube, and put links here.

Other than that, it has been a good day. My wonderful husband let me sleep in this morning. He wrangled children while I rested. Doesn't get much better than that. After getting up (way past 10:00 a.m.) we started dismanteling the Christmas tree, and putting away decorations. At about 11:00 p.m. tonight, that job is finished.

No, we're not that slow. . . we stopped along the way for Edison's haircut, a quick trip to the grocery store, and dinner out at KFC. (We are living right, I tell ya!)

So, I close this post with a couple of pictures -- because you've begged -- and with my New Year's blessing. I will not be posting until after the new year. I pray that you will be blessed -- because you all have blessed me so much. I never thought I needed a blog. I always thought blogs were for frustrated writer-wannabes. Turns out, bloggers are a very cool breed of people. I have met dear, dear friends through this medium that have touched my life in very significant ways. Somewhere, deep in my heart, I have to believe that God would have somehow brought us together--even if we didn't have blogs. It's like it was "meant to be. . ." (Everybody Loves Raymond reference. . .it's a stretch).

So, thank you. Thanks for reading when I have nothing to say. Thanks for reading when I have a soapbox and I decide that I need to use it. Thanks for encouragement, laughs, challenges, and friendship. I pray that 2008 will be a phenomenal year for you and yours. And, if it is at all possible, I would love to meet (and HUG) some of you in person this next year. Let's see if we can't accomplish that, okay?

Love and Best Wishes. . . . .
A

I'll put pictures in a separate post. Blogger always makes the spacing go ka-flooey when I put pictures in a previously-typed entry!
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I'm right there with ya!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I hope you have/had a couple of wonderful days respite. Sending you all the very best ~ H

3:57 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

West Knoxville IS exotic! They have TARGET.

:)

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home