This is My "Real" Blog: It Was. . .It Was. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

It Was. . .It Was. . . .

Truly, one of my *favorite* scenes in "A Christmas Story" is where Ralphie fantasizes that he goes blind from all the times his parents have made him put soap in his mouth.

When they ask him how this tragedy has befallen him, he says (quite dramatically): "It was. . . It was. . . .SOAP poisoning!" Tragic piano music plays in the background, and you hear the parents blame themselves, and wail and moan over their misguided attempts at discipline.

Pure comedic genius.

But. . .that's not why I chose that title. (hee hee)

Edison's big gift was. . .it was. . .it was. . .









a bass guitar.

That's right. . .complete with an amplifier, strap, tuner, HEADPHONES, and the appropriate cords.

You can start praying now. Go ahead; I'll wait.

Actually, I can't wait. I've got to get back to my bedroom where I've set up a "makeshift" studio. Our pastor's retirement celebration is Friday night, and we're presenting him a scrapbook full of pictures, memorabilia, and letters of congratulation. I've got to get it done. It's not done.

My wonderful husband helped set up my studio, of sorts. He has even taken the kids out for dinner, and they're bringing me back a Buffalo Salad to go. He's far too good to me. But I can't talk about that now, I've got to go. . . .
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

NOOOO!!!!

HE'LL PUT HIS EYE OUT!!!

NOOOO!!!!!!!!

7:58 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i have been praying since you told me...

8:17 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

I meant to type... praying about the chore you have in front of you... i have two bassists in my family and we'll still alive... and besides *smirking here* you got hime headphones, you dont even have to hear him getting good

8:19 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Cords? Chords? I'm confused . . .

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now we want a photo of Edison with his wonderful gift!!!!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

How many Bass players does it take to change a light bulb???


None! The Piano player can do it with her left hand!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

How many Bass players does it take to change a light bulb???



1...4...1...5....1

9:11 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

How do you confuse a bassist?

Put one of his strings out of tune, but don't tell him which one!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home