This is My "Real" Blog: You Know it's Bad When. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

You Know it's Bad When. . . .

you can't even taste the cheese on the cheesy chex mix. This "crud" in my head/chest/throat/sinuses is some sort of vagrant mutation. One minute I'm barking like a seal, and the next, I can't keep kleenexes up to my nose enough.

. . .but who's complaining?

I finished up Edison's teacher gifts tonight. Bless his heart. . .he wanted to help make the next batch of Buckeyes (recipe to follow) and although we usually work well as a team. . . .

not so much tonight.

Oh well. They're done. He even wrote himself a note and plastered it on the garage door so he won't forget the tins on his way to school.

In other news. . .

Caroline made it through this year's Christmas program at her Mother's Day Out program just fine. She even "jingled" her bell when she was supposed to. And most importantly:

she.didn't.shed.a.single.tear.

That's my girl.

Can't write more, except a recipe. I have mucho work to do. . . .and I'm still walking around in this "fog" and I'm taking longer and longer to get things done. I'll be so glad when this is over.

Here's the recipe. Enjoy!!!


Buckeyes

1 stick butter (softened)
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
1-1 lb. box powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla

1 (12 oz.) package of chocolate chips
1/4 block of paraffin wax

Mix together the butter & peanut butter. Stir in the vanilla. Incorporate the powdered sugar into the sticky mixture a little bit at a time. You should use most (but not necessarily all) of the powdered sugar.

The mixture will be kind of stiff, but still workable with your hands.

Roll into small balls (smaller than a walnut). Allow them to "chill" in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes.

Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips and wax in a double boiler. When completely melted, pull balls out of fridge/freezer, and begin dipping them - using a toothpick. Only cover about 2/3 of the buckeye with chocolate.

After you are done dipping them, you can smooth over the toothpick hole (if you choose to). Store in the refrigerator.

YUMMMMMMMMMMM-O


Enjoy!!!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Sorry you're still fighting that 12-hour bug (seriously). The cruds aren't fun.

You seem to be holding up well, and spreading germs to all the teachers. Good work! That's a good way to make sure the teachers remember you.

Get better.

9:31 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

man o man i am sorry you are still sick, but it must be almost better right? this might not be the time to reminisce aboudt my illness earlier this autumn that went on at least 6 weeks in one form or another... well we get bigger germs here in Canada than in the milder south, eh? i am praying for you

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy I sure hope you feel better soon. I am glad that you are able to do some things tho.
I used to tell my husband when I was sick, that I wish I could be sick like everyone else. Even when moms are sick they can't be.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

OH Angie...you poor thing. I hope you feel better soon. Best wishes ......

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home