This is My "Real" Blog: Spoke WAY too soon. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Spoke WAY too soon. . . .

Yep, that's me. I should never have said something so blatant as, "I think it must have been a 12-hour bug, or something. . ." because it has come back to bite me where I sit.

I am sick. Achy, stuffy nose, sore throat, coughing, you name it. . .if it's listed on the Nyquil box, I've got it.

And what am I doing about it? I'm going to work.

No, not to spread the germs to my co-workers. I'm going in because we gathered gifts for a family in need that lives on the Apache Reservation near Show Low, AZ. The gifts need to be wrapped and sent (today, if possible). For some crazy reason, I wound up in charge of this project. I suspect it's because I have the least to do at this time of year.

That, my friends, was a creative use of ironic sarcasm. Did it work?

Whether it worked or not, I am going to work. (Did you see how I did that?)

Hey Melany, send me some Buckley's. . .please!? (only kidding)
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

Hey girl... get yourself under a warm blanket, sip tea, eat oranges, and watch DVDs. Too much pneumonia going around lately. You won't be any good to your church or your family if you get pneumonia. So teach Edison how to play 'Butler' and 'Nanny' and sleep this thing away. As I write this I can hear Boyd in the other room coughing and sneezing. Great! He's the chef on Christmas Day.

I love your comment about "rehearsing for menopause". Made me laugh out loud.

Off to put up the tree... that's always good for the worst in us to come out.
Feel better!
Hugs, joni

1:13 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i completely agree with joni, sleep thics away... my approach to much of life, sleep through it, childbirth, toddlers, school, okay i am kidding (sort of) sleep, and get up only to read my blog and leave comments.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I'm in agreement. Nyquil - night - sleep.

Do it now.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope you get better soon. Listen to Joni, she gave some good advice. Our house is getting something like that too, aches, sore throat etc. It's that time of year. Take care of yourself.
Judy

7:32 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Sometimes I pretend to be sick just so I can take Nyquil

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home